Forum upgrade - Begins 10pm EDT Friday 8 June 2012

fraser182

Fantasmic Premium Member
Eh, I got a trophy for 'someone likes you' , but doesn't say who. How do you 'like' someone? PS Im married. Hehehe!! :)

nepalostparks

Eh, I got a trophy for 'someone likes you' , but doesn't say who. How do you 'like' someone? PS Im married. Hehehe!! :)

It's for someone liking your post, but I'm sure they like you too!

On the bottom right corner of each post, there is the number of the post, a Like button, and a Reply button. If you find someone's post helpful, funny, or otherwise just want to pat them on the back for it, hit that Like button.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I noticed the like button, and realised what it was. I got a trophy for someone liking me, and it was related to someone liking a post. Doh!
I love you all anyway...I mean ... *cough... I like you all :cool:
There is another one for you!

Jimmy Thick

I totally love the new format!!!

I also like the like buttons and the "achievement" like awards, very X-Box liveish, and very welcome.

My hats off to you Steve and your crew, I know first hand changing a forum database is no walk in the park and for you and your crew to do it overnight means people were working VERY hard to get things up as fast as possible.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!

I also like the like buttons and the "achievement" like awards, very X-Box liveish, and very welcome.

My hats off to you Steve and your crew, I know first hand changing a forum database is no walk in the park and for you and your crew to do it overnight means people were working VERY hard to get things up as fast as possible.

Agreed

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Thank you! Glad you like it!

mrksmpsn

The forum change was a little discouraging at first until I learned how to navigate it. I find I like the new design now and it is indeed faster. What was confusing was not seeing the short list of most current posts on the home page and then seeing all the threads after entering the forum instead.

I noticed that the WDWMagic.com logo does not always take you to your site home page as the Home button does. Usually clicking the logo would do the same as the Home button, unless you intend it to return you to the "home" for the current feature/forum. The latter seemed to be true on several pages. Not a complaint, just curious if that was intended. I know that it is easy to miss links when doing such a major upgrade.

Thanks for continuing to improve what your site can do to keep us informed of the magic at WDW!

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Home button on the old format took you to the WDWm mainpage, not a forum refresher. The home button and "Home>Forums>" buttons are another ease.

chrisps

I like the new version of the forms they are allot better than the old version of the forms I also like the points system and I also like how the new forms are allot faster than the old version of the site and I also like how the new version of the forms and the new site have a place to click to see the videos from the Disney world resort and I also like how there is a place for Apps and a place for a site map. I also like the new colors of the new forms and I also like how the new version of the forms is allot faster. I have a question for Steve is there a way that I can see the site and the forms on my Ipad 2? I think that you and your team did a good job on the new site and the new forms I like the new site and the new forms allot better because they are easier to read and allot easier to see the forms and see the posts on the new site and the new forms.

Minnie1976

I am enjoying the forum upgrade. It took me a little while to get use to , but I've learned to navigate it. I find it easier to navigate. Only one problem, I changed my password. When I was in the process of doing it, I keep getting the messge the new password wasn't accepted. I gave up. The next time I tried to log in the forum the old password wasn't accepted, but I had to use the new one. I didn't understand that, but I'm not really a computer person. Just show me where to click and let me get the routine down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom