Forthcoming DLP refurbs for the 25th and beyond

Macca250

Whilst I am not a DLP expert I rode Space Mountain this week and compared to last year it looks amazing.

In summary... the actual Space Mountain dome/building looks as new, the queue has all been cleaned/repainted/refreshed. Going into the ride all of the lights have been replaced with LED so a) they work and b) they look great and all of the projections are now digital which means they are now a) amazingly bright and b) clear and detailed.

There is probably a lot more but I don't know what was working 5/10 years ago that is now working that wasn't before so it might have looked new to me.

The word is that 2017 will bring the new trains with comfier restraints (not that I find the ride overtly uncomfortable or rough) and possibly a story adjustment.

It gives me HUGE confidence in the upcoming top to bottom refurbishment of Big Thunder Mountain.
Thanks for the info! I take it the signage has also changed then? No mention of the 'Mission 2' subtitle anymore?

Stevie Amsterdam

We just returned from a great trip to DLP. During our final ride on Big Thunder Mountain we noticed something but we didn't have the time to take a picture unfortunately. When you go up, you can look over your left shoulder to see Phantom Manor right? But when we looked to the right (at the top of that hill) we could see construction workers working on a big piece of rock with dinosaur skulls(!) Has anybody have any news on this or perhaps some photos? We thought it'd be part of the BTM refurb next year to align it more with the US versions.

Stevie Amsterdam

I found a good photo online (via InsideDLParis on Facebook)
12032777_886821358091418_1321589098992687326_o.jpg

Animaniac93-98

Small World soft opened today after its 5 month refurb. There are new "welcome" and "goodbye" scenes that bookend the ride, like the other versions. The audio has been upgraded and the colours and lights in the finale have been changed. Everything looks fresh and clean (at least from photos) and no Disney characters were added.

FigmentForver96

Thanks for sharing! It looks fantastic and the new colors are great

Edit: Just noticed some other small things:

1) The girl in red at the beginning originally bounced up and down but is now spinning.
2) There is a little green sea monster moving back and in first scene...he wasn't working originally.
3) The little green man to the left in the pot (first scene) now moves up and down verses him barely moving before.
4) Puppets are moving again.
5) just lots of moments not seen in a long time.

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

The official refurb calendar has been updated and shows that RnRC will be closed from late Feb until July of this year. Is this for a change in theme or will they be keeping Aerosmith for now?

Animaniac93-98

Disneyland RR will reopen March 12 with Frontierland and Fantasyland sations. Main Street will reopen July 1 and Discoveryland in March of 2017 (probably due to Star Tours work).

JDL30

Going to lurk in these pages for the foreseeable future as anything WDW is just too depressing at the moment. Don't think there has ever been a time when those in Europe had more to look forward to in their parks than those in the US.

Let's start with Thunder Mountain - amazing to see the difference between the newly cleaned and painted top half, compared with the lower part

image.jpeg

Plus lots of lovely details for Swing into Spring - the resort is look beautiful despite the renovations

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Hoping beyond hope things stay at this level for the next few years.

Den Carter

Between Magic Kingdom and Disneyland, I can't decide a favourite park overall. I love them both. But neither are as beautiful as Disneyland Parc in Paris. That said, 2016 is NOT the year to visit DLP. There are so many refurbs that it's just not worth that. 2017, on the other hand... Wow! This park is going to be a force to be reckoned with for it's 25th anniversary. I'll be buying an annual pass.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom