Forthcoming DLP refurbs for the 25th and beyond

Animaniac93-98

Updated schedule:

program-board-EEP_v6.jpg

GiveMeTheMusic

I am presuming the park will get some hand-me-down floats from other Disney parks... anyone know what floats are currently going spare from retired parades? I know only know of those from CADCT, I presume they would have to come from DL or WDW unless there is some agreement from TDL?

I don't think there's any reason to assume that. I would expect the 25th parade to be brand new - if anything it may be like FOF at WDW where a couple existing floats matching the same style are mixed in.

Animaniac93-98

OK, so, @marni1971/ @Animaniac93-98 .... if you were planning a first time DLP trip, when would you go?

April 2017 will likely be the official start date for the 25th, but Pirates may be closed that month. During July-August everything should be open, but the you're putting up with summer crowds (and prices if you want to stay in the resort hotels).

My suggestion would be the first two weeks of September, after Labour Day. Kids will be back in school and the weather shouldn't be cold yet. Avoid the parks on Saturdays year-round.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
OK, so, @marni1971/ @Animaniac93-98 .... if you were planning a first time DLP trip, when would you go?
Personally? Start to mid July.

Most kids are still at school. Weather is about the best that could be expected, park hours are long and entertainment is in full swing. Just avoid the week around Bastille Day.

Just always check for room deals on the official website. Often a 5 for 4 or 4 for 3 offer at at least one of the mods. And length of stay hoppers are included.

Sage of Time

April 2017 will likely be the official start date for the 25th, but Pirates may be closed that month. During July-August everything should be open, but the you're putting up with summer crowds (and prices if you want to stay in the resort hotels).

My suggestion would be the first two weeks of September, after Labour Day. Kids will be back in school and the weather shouldn't be cold yet. Avoid the parks on Saturdays year-round.

Personally? Start to mid July.

Most kids are still at school. Weather is about the best that could be expected, park hours are long and entertainment is in full swing. Just avoid the week around Bastille Day.

Just always check for room deals on the official website. Often a 5 for 4 or 4 for 3 offer at at least one of the mods. And length of stay hoppers are included.

Excellent advice, guys. Thanks so much. It's still a few years away, but I've been thinking about it for a while and it never hurts to be prepared. :)

Mid July sounds like it could be a thing. I'd actually like to be there for Bastille Day, but in Paris itself. Fireworks over the Eiffel Tower would be a dream come true.

imagineer boy

I approve of all of this enhancements! I'm just surprised that there's not one sign of marketable attractions being crammed into spaces where they don't belong. Is Disney feeling okay? This is so unlike them...

The Empress Lilly

The RR could use some help!

FrL station still has netting on it to prevent pieces falling on waiting passengers. The Grand Canyon was completely dark last two times I rode, but I don't know why that was. Fortunately TL has been cleaned, the graffiti in the years of dust and dirt on top of the shop was getting into silly territory.

And it would help to run more trains, waiting times are often ridiculous, 30-45 in FrL in the off-season, with just twenty people in line....

Animaniac93-98

The RR could use some help!

FrL station still has netting on it to prevent pieces falling on waiting passengers. The Grand Canyon was completely dark last two times I rode, but I don't know why that was. Fortunately TL has been cleaned, the graffiti in the years of dust and dirt on top of the shop was getting into silly territory.

And it would help to run more trains, waiting times are often ridiculous, 30-45 in FrL in the off-season, with just twenty people in line....

Main Street station is also in dire need of some sanding and a new coat of paint.

Animaniac93-98

Looks like the RR refurb is happening after all. Official website shows it and all stations closed until at least late November. Twitter pics show walls up at the Discoverland station.

EDIT: InsideDLParis says the RR will be closed until February 28, with Main Street Station closed until June 30, 2016.

Last edited:

Macca250

Does anyone know how the recent Space Mountain refurb came out? I know there wasn't any replacements for the ride vehicles (as was originally thought at one point). Was it just an aesthetic update and a simplified name change? Or was there anything noticeable?

cjkeating

Does anyone know how the recent Space Mountain refurb came out? I know there wasn't any replacements for the ride vehicles (as was originally thought at one point). Was it just an aesthetic update and a simplified name change? Or was there anything noticeable?

Whilst I am not a DLP expert I rode Space Mountain this week and compared to last year it looks amazing.

In summary... the actual Space Mountain dome/building looks as new, the queue has all been cleaned/repainted/refreshed. Going into the ride all of the lights have been replaced with LED so a) they work and b) they look great and all of the projections are now digital which means they are now a) amazingly bright and b) clear and detailed.

There is probably a lot more but I don't know what was working 5/10 years ago that is now working that wasn't before so it might have looked new to me.

The word is that 2017 will bring the new trains with comfier restraints (not that I find the ride overtly uncomfortable or rough) and possibly a story adjustment.

It gives me HUGE confidence in the upcoming top to bottom refurbishment of Big Thunder Mountain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom