Fort Wilderness

wdwstateofmind

Original Poster
We were considering pitching a tent on Monday night while we are traveling to Tampa Tuesday and Wednesday to look for apartments...thought it might be an interesting experience.

Has anyone used the tent sites and were people loud or is it fairly peaceful?

ECU_PIRATE

Stayed at FW many times but never in a tent. Only RV and cabins but we have never had trouble with noise. For the most part everyone who stays there is there for the peace and quiet. Some of the loops are for tents and pop-up campers only so you would be amongst other campers who are mindful of noise. Of course during the day you would hear kids out playing but at night it is pretty quiet for the most part.

Skibum1970

We were considering pitching a tent on Monday night while we are traveling to Tampa Tuesday and Wednesday to look for apartments...thought it might be an interesting experience.

Has anyone used the tent sites and were people loud or is it fairly peaceful?

Stayed in a tent at Fort Wilderness about ten years ago. It was awesome. We camped, did IOA one day, camped, drove to Busch Gardens in Tampa, back to WDW and camped. It was a friend of mine and we were in a three man tent. Sites were clean and the facilities were very nice. It was quiet at night. We also watched the movies under the stars and enjoyed the Electric Water Parade. We were a trifle warm (it was September) but we still slept fine. I didn't know it at the time but you can even take the boats to the Contemporary or Wilderness Lodge to look around. Overall, I rated it as the best campground I ever stayed at. Sadly, my wife refuses to camp out and thus those days are behind me unless I go by myself (which won't happen).

wdwstateofmind

Original Poster
Tenting it no matter where you are us brave. Don't think I could do it. Have fun and keep us posted as to how it was.
Well...I've had my tent for about 20 years...and I paid the price for it. It was a really wet beginning of the week at WDW. So wet our tent and bedding got soaked!

1013981_838136411300_1126902989_n.jpg

So wet the rain shield is soaked and stuck to the actual tent...you can sort of see the lake of water in the tent. Needless to say the tent went straight into the garbage and I went to the office to try to see if i could pay the difference on a place like All Stars that was sure to have something open (we're on a moving budget).

This is where Disney was Disney. After explaining I was just camping out a night because we're moving to the Tampa area and just wanted to try it for a night while we look for residence, they gave us a complimentary cabin for the night which was very cool (if you don't mind small beds). My wife who had never been camping before was very upset she still hasn't gotten to camp.

I didn't know it at the time but you can even take the boats to the Contemporary or Wilderness Lodge to look around. Overall, I rated it as the best campground I ever stayed at. Sadly, my wife refuses to camp out and thus those days are behind me unless I go by myself (which won't happen).
Having stayed at the contemporary and having gone to the travesty that is Mickey's Backyard BBQ we remember the boat and went over. We're buying annual passes next week and we've decided to buy a nice big tent (or a used pop up) once we get settled into our new townhouse. We figured we'd spend maybe a weekend a month there when the weather is cooler and it's not raining everyday. I'd have to agree on it being a pretty sweet campground. It was super quiet and the comfort station, even down to the showers, were amazingly clean and even nicely tiled (only complaint is the usual smell and taste of Disney water). They also seem to have crews cleaning 24/7 and the bus loops make it easy to get around. The prices drip down off-season from what I read so it's a extremely cheap (and can be romantic) option for 2-day trips when we want to take them and not drive the hour home to Lutz.

tare

Well...I've had my tent for about 20 years...and I paid the price for it. It was a really wet beginning of the week at WDW. So wet our tent and bedding got soaked!

1013981_838136411300_1126902989_n.jpg

So wet the rain shield is soaked and stuck to the actual tent...you can sort of see the lake of water in the tent. Needless to say the tent went straight into the garbage and I went to the office to try to see if i could pay the difference on a place like All Stars that was sure to have something open (we're on a moving budget).

This is where Disney was Disney. After explaining I was just camping out a night because we're moving to the Tampa area and just wanted to try it for a night while we look for residence, they gave us a complimentary cabin for the night which was very cool (if you don't mind small beds). My wife who had never been camping before was very upset she still hasn't gotten to camp.

Having stayed at the contemporary and having gone to the travesty that is Mickey's Backyard BBQ we remember the boat and went over. We're buying annual passes next week and we've decided to buy a nice big tent (or a used pop up) once we get settled into our new townhouse. We figured we'd spend maybe a weekend a month there when the weather is cooler and it's not raining everyday. I'd have to agree on it being a pretty sweet campground. It was super quiet and the comfort station, even down to the showers, were amazingly clean and even nicely tiled (only complaint is the usual smell and taste of Disney water). They also seem to have crews cleaning 24/7 and the bus loops make it easy to get around. The prices drip down off-season from what I read so it's a extremely cheap (and can be romantic) option for 2-day trips when we want to take them and not drive the hour home to Lutz.
Wow too bad about the tent but super glad glad it all worked out for you!!!!! That was great what disney did for you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom