Fort Wilderness Help

mguimond1990

Original Poster
Hey Everyone!

I just wanted to get some insight on a problem me and my husband are having. We Originally planned to camp at fort wilderness the first week of december. However, a couple friends pointed out that nights in florida that time are actually pretty cold. Has anyone set up tent during december? Help! :)

pixiesteno

The last couple of years there has been a couple of times that FL has been very low at night in temps in Dec, Jan, Feb so I would not suggest tent camping. In Jan of 2010 there was almost a two week stretch of below freezing weather in FL that destroyed most of the landscaping at WDW. You might want to reconsider the tent or the month, even if the lows are in the 50s that can be very cold in a tent.

brokedad

First part of dec. Is still usually warm during the day and 50's in the night, I think thats normal camping everywhere else except in fl.Its very hit or miss with the weather here, but it wont be bad at that time

deanaandrich

You never know how the weather will be. Typically it is still warm-80s during the day and 60-70s at night. But sometimes it is much cooler. Odds are you will be fine the first week in December.

SCB502

My In- Laws have a very nice motor home but it gets too crowded with them and my family in it. So we throw a tent up in the back and I sleep in it alone, my wife and kids insist on sleeping in the motor home. If your site has electricity, not sure if the tent loops have electricity, run an extension cord into it and bring a heater. I have actually gotten too hot in it on some very cold December nights. I also have a refrigerator, tv, my laptop, all my chargers, everything from home pretty much. We are DVCers and some of our best trips have been at Fort Wilderness when we are out or low on points.
However, you could hit it right and get a weeks worth of awesome sleeping weather.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom