Fort Wilderness DVC video

space42

Whilst searching for images of The Wilderness Lodge I came across this video of what looks like a concept for a new hotel or DVC located at Fort Wilderness. Not sure if this was one of many concepts or just fan made but looks very interesting.....River Country is demolished in this design however

Wow - that is not fan made from what I can tell. Looks like an 'official' rendering
For me, this would be a last straw moment as Ft. Wilderness is my 'home' resort since 1974.
I just hope the DVC bubble bursts before they build this monstrosity.

Rteetz

Disney probably told a few companies to draw up or design some renderings for this project. A year or two ago plans were leaked all over the internet for a river country/ft. wilderness hotel. As the Spirit himself has said Disney has these plans and wants to do this but the cost of building all new especially on top of river country would be too much compared to just adding DVC to existing resorts.

Rinx

Agreed with @Cmdr_Crimson that "construction" began in 2011. Very interesting though, however it really looks no different than the Bay Lake point of view of Wilderness Lodge. I don't think a building like that would fit the theme of Ft. Wilderness. It is not a lodge. A fort is more like a settlement made of small buildings over a wide area like they very nicely have now.

Fishhawk Shane

Does Disney just not like Ft Wilderness? It seems like it is always booked is a great experience. It still has what I remember of the old Disney about it... woodsy/country/western feel and a lot of the original characters. I still miss Tom Sawyers fort.

cjkeating

I don't know the area that well, have been to Hoop-de-Doo once. On the video other than River Country what is also in the area that gets flattened and turned to brown land before the construction starts. It look like something is hidden by the in screen video in the top right hand corner?

grimb168

I believe this was on the plans a few years ago but things happened. Disney has too many hotel rooms in their inventory and they are looking for ways to reduce. This is a great way to reduce costs

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom