Former Senator Says Disney Should Help Fix the TSA's Long Lines

Thessair

Original Poster
Via an article on Gizmodo:
It’s going to be a long summer for anyone trying to fly. The TSA’s lines have gotten so long that places like O’Hare Airport in Chicago are telling passengers to get to the airport three hours early. But former US Senator Bob Kerrey has an idea: Ask Disney to fix the TSA.

“I don’t think the government can do this. If you went to Walt Disney and said, ‘Can you reduce the size of the lines?’ Nobody runs lines better than Disney,” Kerrey told CNBC earlier today.

http://gizmodo.com/former-senator-says-disney-should-help-fix-the-tsas-lon-1777347790

There is more in the article on the site. I didn't see this posted elsewhere and the search didn't turn up anything. Of course, I am prone to errors, so apologies if this is a duplicate thread or belongs somewhere else.

Thessair

Original Poster
Isn't pre-approval for TSA pretty much the same thing as Fastpass? It felt like it to me.

I'd think so. I don't fly, though, so I couldn't say for sure.

I was interested in the article where they comment that impromptu parades could spring up to help corral traffic in the parks. I hadn't heard that before.

Cesar R M

Isn't pre-approval for TSA pretty much the same thing as Fastpass? It felt like it to me.
I dont think so.. the preapproval TSA needs you to have an extensive "check" of your background, and its not a right.
They are given once you pass the check.
While fastpass is pretty much done for everyone "first come first serve".

rob0519

Yeah, if you've ever been convicted of anything, TSA Pre-Check is probably not on your horizon. However, it appears that the Airlines have some leeway in this. We don't fly often, but several time different members of our family have been somehow selected for TSA Pre-check when the boarding passes are printed. I have no idea what criteria is used to make the selection, but it's happened several times.

Goofyernmost

All I can say is that I have never requested or even been asked if I want Pre-approval. But the last two times that I flew, it just happened. This last time I thought it was just because I had been randomly chosen, but, it happened my entire trip. If they did a background check they must have made the decision, I sure wasn't part of it.

Cesar R M

All I can say is that I have never requested or even been asked if I want Pre-approval. But the last two times that I flew, it just happened. This last time I thought it was just because I had been randomly chosen, but, it happened my entire trip. If they did a background check they must have made the decision, I sure wasn't part of it.
They probably sneaked that in the terms of usage or contract when you bought airline tickets. and very well hidden under federal laws (like the patriot act).

But technically you're right.. FP is "selected and asked", Pre-TSA is background-check pending and automatically given when possible.
Still, you can get randomly selected to get a full screening.

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Same here. Just got back from WDW last night, and I'm happy to say that I had TSA Precheck for both inbound and outbound flights. Really happy about that, and I haven't a clue how it came about, either! :)

Goofyernmost

Same here. Just got back from WDW last night, and I'm happy to say that I had TSA Precheck for both inbound and outbound flights. Really happy about that, and I haven't a clue how it came about, either! :)
At one point, in fact I still am, in the Jet Blue Membership. I have never been anything but pre-checked when flying with them, so I figured it was part of that. Never really checked into it. But, my last flight was from Raleigh, NC to Paris, France via Iceland. Walked right in! That was Air Canada and Icelandair.

Cesar R M

At one point, in fact I still am, in the Jet Blue Membership. I have never been anything but pre-checked when flying with them, so I figured it was part of that. Never really checked into it. But, my last flight was from Raleigh, NC to Paris, France via Iceland. Walked right in! That was Air Canada and Icelandair.
Pretty sure not all airlines offer the preTSA check.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom