1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Formal Night

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line' started by MotherofaPrincessLover, Jul 11, 2017.

1. NelleBelle

NelleBelle Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, we see way too many jeans and t-shirts in our "theatres" (not movies, but symphony, ballet and opera). I will say it does somewhat detract from the experience when you pay a lot of money for your season ballet tickets and see jeans and t-shirts. I think it's somewhat disrespectful to the performers. I don't really care if someone is wearing khaki's and a polo on formal/semi-formal night, but it does bother me, especially if I had the experience of someone in shorts and t-shirt making a comment about "going all out" seated at my table (which is part of the reason why we tend to want to stick with our own family, unfortunately). I do think that it's shameful that DCL relaxed the dress code for Remy and Palo.

Phonedave likes this.
  2. pezgirlroy

pezgirlroy Member

Completely agree.

Phonedave likes this.
  3. Phonedave

Phonedave Well-Known Member

It bothers me. Some things bother some people. Does it ruin my evening, not by a long shot. In fact maybe bother is the wrong word. Maybe it is "I enjoy an atmosphere where everyone is dressed up". That works much better. DCL is promoting an event I would enjoy, but then they are not delivering that event. If you went to animators pallet and the show did not work, would your evening be runied - of course not. But it would not be as enjoyable (assuming you enjoy that show). same thing goes for a dressy atmosphere. I enjoy it. No need to explain why, that is not germaine to the issue. The issue is DCL advertises something, and then does not deliver. Either call it for what it is, or start enforcing it.

We just got off a week on the Celebrity Summit, and it was refreshing to watch them enforce the dress code in the main dining room. they have a "smart casual" dress code most nights. We coined a new term "Stupid casual" as in "Yo!, this is STUPID casual" after watching a guy in a tank top and flip flops get turned away.

-dave

NelleBelle, tk924, pezgirlroy and 2 others like this.
  4. Phonedave

Phonedave Well-Known Member

I get that, and that is my problem with it. A formal night, at least for me, is just a waste if it is optional. My vote is either eliminate it all together, or make it a "formal;" formal night.