Formal Night

EOD K9

I have seen people in tuxes and evening gowns, suits, just sport coats and nice shirts. I tended not to go all formal, I was usually in khakis and a polo or dress shirt every night and it didn't seem to matter. I only wore my suit at Palo.

belledream

It wasn't very strict at all. We did go the suit and cocktail dress route, and I actually felt overdressed and in the minority. Not that it was a problem, I enjoy dressing up. But you shouldn't have any issues forgoing the suit and gown. Just look nice, cleaned up, and covered.

5thGenTexan

I take a suit for formal night, and wear the pants on other nights with just a shirt. That way I don't feel like I brought something for just one night.

DVC4bestvacations

We don't get dressed up for formal night. We we do dress nice for dinner every night. It seamed that there were more cruisers dressing up for Pirate night than formal night on our last cruise. We choose to bypass parate night by going to Palo's and skipping the deck party.

StageFrenzy

We don't get dressed up for formal night. We we do dress nice for dinner every night. It seamed that there were more cruisers dressing up for Pirate night than formal night on our last cruise. We choose to bypass parate night by going to Palo's and skipping the deck party.
That is our MO usually too, except Remy instead of Palo.

Phonedave

DLC has a wonderful (and reasonably priced) laundry service on board.

You do not have to pack a separate garment bag. You can put whatever you need in a normal suitcase and have it pressed (or cleaned and pressed) for under $20. Just let your stateroom attendant know, and they will take care of it. It really is not that big of a deal.

-dave

wdwstateofmind

They don't really enforce the whole formal thing. On our first cruise we didn't go too formal not knowing what to expect, but after seeing other people having a lot of fun with it my wife usually packs two gowns and I've worn both a tux and a suit on our other cruises. We do it for both Remy (mandatory) and formal night. It's a great time and a lot of fun. Like Dave said, they'll dress anything in a timely manner as long as you put them in a bag and hang em outside your door once you're room is available.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom