Forbidden Mountain: here's an idea

pyschotropic

Original Poster
Build the structure like a snowcapped Matterhorn version of Journey to the center of the Earth. Build the story around a mine shaft that was abandoned because of strange sightings of a legendary creature, the dissapearences of workers will have forced the mine to close in the 1940's this will be where the Legend of the Yeti part comes in. Guests will board a mine train through the mountain as they begin to realize more and more the strange presence and eiree atmosphere inhabitted by the yeti or abominable snowman of Forbidden Mountain. As the cars pick up speed through the mountain they approach a dead end only to be attacked by a large animatronic yeti the only way to escape will send passengers careening backwards through Forbidden Mountain to escape the yeti. In a sense the ride can be a combination of great technologies previously used in attractions like BTMRR, the Matterhorn, Journey to the Center of the Earth and Maelstrom, but I guess we'll just have to wait for an announcent and details about the ride.

imagineer boy

Originally posted by pyschotropic
Build the structure like a snowcapped Matterhorn version of Journey to the center of the Earth. Build the story around a mine shaft that was abandoned because of strange sightings of a legendary creature, the dissapearences of workers will have forced the mine to close in the 1940's this will be where the Legend of the Yeti part comes in. Guests will board a mine train through the mountain as they begin to realize more and more the strange presence and eiree atmosphere inhabitted by the yeti or abominable snowman of Forbidden Mountain. As the cars pick up speed through the mountain they approach a dead end only to be attacked by a large animatronic yeti the only way to escape will send passengers careening backwards through Forbidden Mountain to escape the yeti. In a sense the ride can be a combination of great technologies previously used in attractions like BTMRR, the Matterhorn, Journey to the Center of the Earth and Maelstrom, but I guess we'll just have to wait for an announcent and details about the ride.

Good ideas, but this belongs in the imagineering section.

DarkMeasures

I think the ride would work well if it was a hyper coaster using trains like Milinium Force or B&M cars.

The ride would slowly crawl up the side of the mountain reaching 199 feet or so. THere then, the ride would crash down and go 30 feet underground and rushing up the side of the mountain is a huge Helix. The ride would then provide insane G-forces until halfway through.

THere the ride would stop and a yeti would attack (why can't it be a dragon ?). The trach would then tilt backwards and the train would fall backwards strait down into the mountain.

DarkMeasures

DarkMeasures said:
I think the ride would work well if it was a hyper coaster using trains like Milinium Force or B&M cars.

The ride would slowly crawl up the side of the mountain reaching 199 feet or so. THere then, the ride would crash down and go 30 feet underground and rushing up the side of the mountain is a huge Helix. The ride would then provide insane G-forces until halfway through.

THere the ride would stop and a yeti would attack (why can't it be a dragon ?). The trach would then tilt backwards and the train would fall backwards strait down into the mountain.

Did I make this post before or after Everest was announced? Or was I just Moching the original post.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom