Forbidden Journey looking shabby

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Mummy has gotten brighter in the turntable. Hopefully it'll be addressed.

FJ... Left seat as you look it it, right as you're sat. I'm taking a first timer and they will have the pleasure of the last Dememtor chasing them.

Mike S

Plus full Dragon action.
That's something I feel has changed because my first few rides I clearly remember the Dragon seemed to shift it's focus between each vehicle going by and I was able to get him directly at me while on the left side but other times no. Either that or I'm going crazy.

JediMasterMatt

I know the original effect, I was there day 1. I'm just saying old effect or new it feels like it's become brighter in that room, same with the rotating track room in Mummy.

Mummy has gotten brighter in the turntable. Hopefully it'll be addressed.

FJ... Left seat as you look it it, right as you're sat. I'm taking a first timer and they will have the pleasure of the last Dememtor chasing them.

The increase in the brightness in displaying black levels is the drawback of using brighter projectors. The type of digital projector being used is transmissive in nature and doesn't have a enough native contrast ratio to block out all pixels designated as black. Plus the brighter the projector transmits light into the screen, the more bounceback off the screen will occur and wash out black levels even more. So, the moral of the story is that when you upgrade to brighter projectors, you will likely cause black levels to be thrown off.

Hopefully, Uni can adjust the brightness controls properly (typically the correct adjustment for AV equipment for controlling black level) and then will play with the light output of the projectors by using either lamp controls or even netural density filters to find a good balance between still being really bright and properly displaying black.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom