For those who have gotten married in WDW...

R W B

Original Poster
Did you all have a reception once you got back home?

My fiancé and I are thinking about doing this. We'd only have our immediate family in wdw for the wedding and then get home and have a large reception for the 300+ family/friends that we'd invite if we have a local wedding. Just want to know if this is popular with Disney weddings or destination weddings in general. Thanks!

Sweet Melissa

My family hosted a very informal outdoor reception for us in my hometown. It was about 6 months after our Disney wedding to accommodate weather and people's schedules. It was a lot of fun. We had lawn games and a taco truck. I wouldn't have been comfortable with like a huge ballroom reception where I put on my wedding dress again, but what we did was more like a reunion with extra cause to celebrate.

**Stacy**

We did not do a reception back home. We did a small intimate ceremony back in 2001, parents and siblings. Both sets of parents(one not well enough to travel 1200 miles and back) and 2 out of the 4 siblings were already living near Disney, so it was more convenience than destination for us. We did some small celebratory dinners with close friends back home before and after the wedding. If we had done a larger get together it would have been a back yard cook out or something casual and comfortable. We are not huge party people and neither family had expectations of a big wedding. The option list that Disney sent to pick cake flavors and flower colors was about as much planning as I wanted to do.

patch553

We did! As we are from the uk we only had a select few of our freinds and family(14) come to our ceremony. We had it at the wedding pavilion then had a cake and champagne reception at the grand Floridian and headed to raglan road to complete our celebrations, when we returned home we had a proper reception with all our family and freinds where we had books of photos and the DVD of the big day itself playing so those who couldn't make it could see

Mna

We did! As we are from the uk we only had a select few of our freinds and family(14) come to our ceremony. We had it at the wedding pavilion then had a cake and champagne reception at the grand Floridian and headed to raglan road to complete our celebrations, when we returned home we had a proper reception with all our family and freinds where we had books of photos and the DVD of the big day itself playing so those who couldn't make it could see

Quick question! Were you allowed there in wedding attire? This might be an idea for DF and me!

TXDisney

We didn't but we had 110 guests come down for our wedding at Disney. Maybe 10 of them lived in Florida so there was no need for it. So I'd say if the powole you are close to are there there's no need for a home reception if barely anyone can make the trip then it'd be something to look into.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom