For Our Honey moon Fort Wilderness or Polynesian

majortom1981

Original Poster
We are definitley having our honeymoon at disney. We were thinking of doing something different since we go to disney all the time and will be there i naugust and then next may for our honeymoon.

If you had a choice would you stay in a cabin at Fort Wilderness or Spend the Extra Money and Get a room at the Polynesian?

We both like camping and things like that.

I would like to hear some opinions since i don't know which one to pick.

WDWNooby

I absolutely loved the Polynesian when we were there in June but, if camping is what you like to do, you might benefit more going to Wilderness.

One of the reasons we chose the Poly was it is close to the transportation center and every day I was thankful for that when I had just a short walk to our rooms (we were in Rapi Nui which is closest to the transportation center) after very long days at the parks.

If the camping scenario is not important for your honeymoon, I'd say the Poly and be sure you go to the Luau ... it was a blast and, pop for the extra money and see if you can get a castle view room. Regardless, the Poly beach offers GREAT viewing of the fireworks over the castle. It really was an incredible site. Also, one of my favorite things on our trip was getting up early and going to the pool and watching the families of ducks swimming in the pools...there were four families every morning...one family was 10 ducks/ducklings. I taped them and now have them on DVD :D

happymom52003

For a honeymoon, I'd choose the Poly over Fort Wilderness.

Another alternative could be the Wilderness Lodge. You could have the "wilderness" atmosphere you like, but it would be more upscale and romantic than Fort Wilderness. We love both the Polynesian and the Wilderness Lodge...both are romantic in different ways.

DiPSU224

Poly, Poly, POLY! :lol:

It was always our dream to honeymoon there, so we shelled out the extra $$ and did it. It was completely worth it.

I'm not sure if it was because it was our honeymoon, but we were upgraded to a castle view room. It was incredibly romantic to see the castle changing color from our balcony and watching the fireworks from the beach and sunset pointe. Also, walking around the resort with the firelit paths was so relaxing at night.

I have stayed in the cabins in FW and I don't think it could ever compare for that "honeymoon" atmosphere. The fact that I am not an outdoor-sy kinda person didn't help I'm sure :lol:

foreverbelle

I agree if you like the whole outdoorsy feel of things, why not try WL...of course I have always wanted to stay at Poly but having stayed at WL and it being one of my favorites thus far (of the ones I have stayed at) I would say WL but Poly is gorgeous and I think it would be so romantic for a honeymoon!

Best of Luck and Congratulations

nolatron

Poly! I'm biased though because that's where the wife and I got married. :)

Personally, I think the best romantic hotel is the Grand Floridian. We lovvvvvvved our stay there.

But I don't think you can go wrong with any of the deluxe resorts though. They're all nice. We stayed at the Boardwalk for our wedding/honeymoon in a DVC 1BR Suite Villa, and doing so again in Sept.

majortom1981

Original Poster
hmm

I am asking because we go all the time and the extra money could be put towards other things.

$100 to $200 extra a night is a lot .

So you guys think that the extra money is worth it for the poly knowing that you will be able to spend less on other parts of your Disney Honeymoon stay ?

I will also look into the wilderness lodge since a quick price check shows it as only $200 more then the cabins.

disneylemons

I would check WL... it has the outdoorsy feel of the cabins but more deluxe and one of my favorites...plus its cheaper than the Poly.... but we have stayed at both the Poly and WL and I love both.. the Poly is more romantic with the beach and fireworks view but if money is an issue I would save a few bucks and try WL...

DisneysRedHead

I think it honestly depends on what is more important to you. If you need a more romantic atmosphere for your hotel room in order for it to be an ideal honeymoon then go for the Poly and spend the extra money. For me and my fiance, we would rather put that money toward other things like our food, La Nouba tickets and a couples massage at a Spa. I like to think we can make our own romance no matter where we stay :p

Either way, you'll have an awesome time! I also agree, consider the Wilderness Lodge if you want a more upscale resort with the camp-like environment. Congrats and good luck!!

majortom1981

Original Poster
I think it honestly depends on what is more important to you. If you need a more romantic atmosphere for your hotel room in order for it to be an ideal honeymoon then go for the Poly and spend the extra money. For me and my fiance, we would rather put that money toward other things like our food, La Nouba tickets and a couples massage at a Spa. I like to think we can make our own romance no matter where we stay :p

Either way, you'll have an awesome time! I also agree, consider the Wilderness Lodge if you want a more upscale resort with the camp-like environment. Congrats and good luck!!

I think we wil ltry wilderness lodge it looks like wilderness lodge might actually be cheaper then the cabins also . Thanks for all of your suggestions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom