For Alissa Falco (Moved from FAQ)

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Hi, ok next question, how far a walk is it from the ship to the beach on CC...I know there is a tram but I'd rather not have to fold up the stroller with all the bags etc, it would be easier for me just to walk. Is the walk really that bad? I've been reading mixed reviews.

Not far at all. Maybe a 5-10 minute walk depending on how fast you are moving. We ALWAYS walk from ship to Serenity which is over twice the distance. We take it in stride and typically ends up at about 15/20 minute's walk.

Photo ops on the bridge are amazing and worth the walk alone.

alissafalco

Not far at all. Maybe a 5-10 minute walk depending on how fast you are moving. We ALWAYS walk from ship to Serenity which is over twice the distance. We take it in stride and typically ends up at about 15/20 minute's walk.

Photo ops on the bridge are amazing and worth the walk alone.
A 5-10 minute walk is nothing at all... Great, I will walk :) thanks Scout!

ChuckElias

Original Poster
I agree with Scout. I personally wouldn't walk all the way to Serenity Bay (I prefer to rent a bike :) ), but the family beach is really just 5 or 10 minutes.

alissafalco

From peoples experience, if the late seating for dinner is the only time left and you are waitlisted for the early seating, what are your chances of getting the early seating?

jme

I have never been waitlisted for changing my dining time, but I'd say the chances are probably pretty slim. I have been waitlisted for Palo brunch (and was the first person on said waitlist) and did not get it. I would think, it's probably pretty unlikely that someone who chose first dining is going to change to second - but there's always a chance!

alissafalco

I have never been waitlisted for changing my dining time, but I'd say the chances are probably pretty slim. I have been waitlisted for Palo brunch (and was the first person on said waitlist) and did not get it. I would think, it's probably pretty unlikely that someone who chose first dining is going to change to second - but there's always a chance!
grrrrrrr....I figured...Maybe people that have to cancel the cruise all together possibly.

ChuckElias

Original Poster
From peoples experience, if the late seating for dinner is the only time left and you are waitlisted for the early seating, what are your chances of getting the early seating?
Hi Alissa,

First, you may get lucky and have somebody in first seating cancel their reservation. This is not as unlikely as you might think. When the final payment date rolls around and people look at the amount they still owe, they sometimes decide that they just can't afford it at this time and they cancel the reservation or move it to a later cruise date. So slots do sometimes open up.

Second, if you do not get moved to first seating before your sailing date, you can try to have your dining changed once you board the ship. After boarding (usually around 1 p.m.), you can go to one of the lounges (usually D-Lounge) and meet with the Head Servers. You can request Palo or Remy reservations at that time; or you can try to get your seating moved to first seating. I can't promise that they will be able to accommodate you, but that is what they're there for. Just be sure to ask a crew member exactly where and when you should go to make the request, once you're actually on board.

alissafalco

Hi Alissa,

First, you may get lucky and have somebody in first seating cancel their reservation. This is not as unlikely as you might think. When the final payment date rolls around and people look at the amount they still owe, they sometimes decide that they just can't afford it at this time and they cancel the reservation or move it to a later cruise date. So slots do sometimes open up.

Second, if you do not get moved to first seating before your sailing date, you can try to have your dining changed once you board the ship. After boarding (usually around 1 p.m.), you can go to one of the lounges (usually D-Lounge) and meet with the Head Servers. You can request Palo or Remy reservations at that time; or you can try to get your seating moved to first seating. I can't promise that they will be able to accommodate you, but that is what they're there for. Just be sure to ask a crew member exactly where and when you should go to make the request, once you're actually on board.
Hi Chuck, thank you so much. That's really good to know. The CM on the phone told me I had a 50/50 chance of getting it, but I wasn't sure if she was just saying that or not.

alissafalco

Also, I know all about the kids club, but I didn't see anything about in room babysitting. Can I hire a baby sitter to stay in the room with my little ones?

ChuckElias

Original Poster
Also, I know all about the kids club, but I didn't see anything about in room babysitting. Can I hire a baby sitter to stay in the room with my little ones?
No, there's not. Depending on how little they really are, there is a nursery that is available at additional cost. But there's no in-room child care.

From the website:

Q:
Is there babysitting?

A:
Group babysitting is available for children 6 months to 3 years old at Flounder's Reef Nursery on the Disney Wonder, and at It's a Small World Nursery aboard the Disney Magic, the Disney Dream and the Disney Fantasy. Guests may book babysitting times online in advance of embarkation or may sign up their children on embarkation day. The facility is open for select hours every day. Rates and times are subject to change and space is limited.

TomHendricks

We used the Small Wonders Nursery on board the Dream on our very recent trip. It was super easy and everyone was super nice. You can reserve up to 10 hours before you board but can then add hours, after you get on board. We dined at Palo and used them for that. We also used them every day for when our daughter napped. It allowed us to do things together, otherwise someone would have been back in the stateroom with her while she napped.

alissafalco

No, there's not. Depending on how little they really are, there is a nursery that is available at additional cost. But there's no in-room child care.

From the website:
We used the Small Wonders Nursery on board the Dream on our very recent trip. It was super easy and everyone was super nice. You can reserve up to 10 hours before you board but can then add hours, after you get on board. We dined at Palo and used them for that. We also used them every day for when our daughter napped. It allowed us to do things together, otherwise someone would have been back in the stateroom with her while she napped.
Thank you for the quick responses & info :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom