For a land most originally said they weren't interested in ................

Tiki Queen of Outer Space

"What is this?!"

I would say it's the thing you're going to use to say how awful this ride is.
It just seems incredible to me that Disney released this promotional photo with a metallic support out in the open and clearly visible. I'm sure it will be a nice 3 minute attraction once it opens. It'll be like Grand Fiesta Tour/Frozen Ever After but with higher budget sets and AAs, a real ride would've been nicer though.

mergatroid

Original Poster
It just seems incredible to me that Disney released this promotional photo with a metallic support out in the open and clearly visible. I'm sure it will be a nice 3 minute attraction once it opens. It'll be like Grand Fiesta Tour/Frozen Ever After but with higher budget sets and AAs, a real ride would've been nicer though.

What's a 'real ride'? I can only assume you're meaning something fast and exciting?

If that's the case you've got the option of the other new ride where you 'fly' on a Banshee. Disney's a family park so it was always unlikely that you'd get two 'fast' rides built in the new land. If that's not what you mean then I'm a little confused? A 'ride' usually consists of a 'ride vehicle' going through a building looking at 'sets' and enjoying them be that on a boat or land vehicle. It's what the majority of 'rides' do that aren't white knuckle rides so I'm struggling to see why this is being compared to Fiesta Tour/Frozen as though Disney have just said "Let's just make a Frozen and put Avatar stuff in it?

To be honest I don't imagine that Pandora is for you, you seem to have made your mind up about that already. That's fine though, not everyone enjoys the same things but it just seems odd that you're comparing something you've not ridden yet to not being 'a real ride' when it uses the same principals that most 'real rides' do?.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

So, just as I predicted, your question of "What is this?" really wasn't an honest question: you were setting up a spike for your slam dunk on how awful Disney is. There are two plausible reasons why there is an exposed pipe:

1. Like many dark rides, they are set to be seen from only one direction. If you have ever looked backward on a dark ride (go to YouTube for 360 degree videos and look backwards) you will see a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff you don't see from the forward direction, especially a lot of cameras and light sources. That pole looks like it would be hidden by the log in front of it and you really don't see it unless you look backwards.

2. It seems, though I could be wrong, that the Na'vi have reclaimed Earthling refuse by decorating it, especially metal poles with their weavings. There seems to be some of that out in the land in the open. This may be another case in the ride, which means that some of the pole they decorate is exposed on purpose, since native weavings aren't perfectly all encompassing.

L.C. Clench

Have you not ridden Voyage of the Little Mermaid? It's a strip mall steel exposed building with black light paint statues. The bar is getting lower for them in terms of show.

So, just as I predicted, your question of "What is this?" really wasn't an honest question: you were setting up a spike for your slam dunk on how awful Disney is. There are two plausible reasons why there is an exposed pipe:

1. Like many dark rides, they are set to be seen from only one direction. If you have ever looked backward on a dark ride (go to YouTube for 360 degree videos and look backwards) you will see a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff you don't see from the forward direction, especially a lot of cameras and light sources. That pole looks like it would be hidden by the log in front of it and you really don't see it unless you look backwards.

2. It seems, though I could be wrong, that the Na'vi have reclaimed Earthling refuse by decorating it, especially metal poles with their weavings. There seems to be some of that out in the land in the open. This may be another case in the ride, which means that some of the pole they decorate is exposed on purpose, since native weavings aren't perfectly all encompassing.
You make me sound like I'm some candy thief lol... Anyways it looks bad, and the ride is going to be short regardless so why care so much? Are you a paid shill?

What's a 'real ride'? I can only assume you're meaning something fast and exciting?

If that's the case you've got the option of the other new ride where you 'fly' on a Banshee. Disney's a family park so it was always unlikely that you'd get two 'fast' rides built in the new land. If that's not what you mean then I'm a little confused? A 'ride' usually consists of a 'ride vehicle' going through a building looking at 'sets' and enjoying them be that on a boat or land vehicle. It's what the majority of 'rides' do that aren't white knuckle rides so I'm struggling to see why this is being compared to Fiesta Tour/Frozen as though Disney have just said "Let's just make a Frozen and put Avatar stuff in it?

To be honest I don't imagine that Pandora is for you, you seem to have made your mind up about that already. That's fine though, not everyone enjoys the same things but it just seems odd that you're comparing something you've not ridden yet to not being 'a real ride' when it uses the same principals that most 'real rides' do?.
Woah woah calm down their soldier, you might get an ulcer. A real ride to me is a ride that is actually well executed, and for a modern dark ride that means the ride is a at least 6-7 minutes long. A real ride to me is something like Haunted Mansion, Disneyland's Pirates, Splash Mountain. Like an actual E-Ticket which neither of these rides will be.

mergatroid

Original Poster
Woah woah calm down their soldier, you might get an ulcer. A real ride to me is a ride that is actually well executed, and for a modern dark ride that means the ride is a at least 6-7 minutes long. A real ride to me is something like Haunted Mansion, Disneyland's Pirates, Splash Mountain. Like an actual E-Ticket which neither of these rides will be.

What on earth makes you think I'm not calm? You seem very negative towards two rides you've not experienced and therefore probably know little about. For all I know they both could be terrible to experience in person, though to me from what I've seen it doesn't appear to be that way. How do you know that the few minutes you spend in the boat ride aren't going to be mind blowingly wonderful, seems to me you've made your mind up that you're not going to enjoy Pandora already without even experiencing it?

Have you ridden either of these attractions yet? Could you please fill us all in on exactly what scenes and story lines they both follow, we'd love to know? You obviously know all about them to make judgements on them, why not fill us in and explain properly what it is exactly you don't like about them?

doctornick

I don't know that it's going to be a huge time savings to go in from Africa vs. Discovery Island. The two paths appear to be running parallel.

Certainly, but more room for guests to circulate can only help with crowds. And I guess it should be quicker if you are going from FOTLK to Pandora or vice versa.

That said, it would be nice if they added something else along that path. Use some of the backstage room to the west and you could fit in a nice mini-land and better utilize that new guest path.

PorterRedkey

Yeah, you should just stay away from Pandora and stick with the real rides. Oh and tell your friends to stay away too. It would also be nice if you even told strangers that this land is going to be awful. It is for their own good, and not for my benefit at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom