Pre-Trip Food & Wine & Wine & Food

Hello everyone!

We are officially going to Disney this September!! I am so excited I already have everything planned! :)

WHO:
Me and my Husband!
IMG_2712.JPG

WHERE:

The amazing Animal Kingdom Lodge! We stayed here 2years ago (omg time goes by fast) and fell in love with it! We stayed on club level and with a savannah view the last time, and this time we are being a little more frugal and staying with a standard view. I know it's crazy to stay here with no savannah view, but since we have done it before we are okay with it. The overall atmosphere of the resort is what we love!
IMG_1790.JPG

IMG_1869.JPG

IMG_1869.JPG

WHEN:
September 5th-September 9th, short and sweet! We are annual pass holders and we prefer more frequent shorter trips rather than longer trips.

WHY:
IMG_2718.JPG

I think my title says it all! I love the food and wine festival, plus we are super excited to see Pandora! If anyone has been let me know how it is!

UP NEXT: our plans for animal kingdom!

Attachments

• IMG_1753.JPG
    IMG_1753.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 33

laben594

Original Poster
DAY 1: ANIMAL KINGDOM

• We will be waking up early and driving straight to Animal Kingdom! Hoping to get fastpass + for both Avatar rides, and Everest.
  • I will make the fastpasses to start around 11 so we can go straight to dinosaur and kali rapids
  • Lunch around 1 (not sure where yet, any suggestions? We are looking for quick service)
  • Leave the park around 3 to go check into the hotel and take a break
  • Head over to Epcot for a few appetizers and drinks from the food & wine festival (hopefully a good idea?)
  • Go back to Animal Kingdom and catch some shows that we missed
  • Go to dinner at Sanaa around 8:30pm-9pm
I think we are going to skip Rivers of Light, we have heard mixed reviews and I think we would rather have dinner at Sanaa and enjoy the resort.

Any feedback would be much appreciated!

phrog

If you are going to park hop use the express bus located inside each park. You don't have to do security over and over. We are planning on using it to go back to MK each night so we can just take the monorail back to the poly.

littleroo

Congrats on your next trip and I am following! Flametree bbq in AK is my recommendation for a qs bite.

I would suggest starting with the safari so you can save fast passes for Pandora. Happy planning!

laben594

Original Poster
If you are going to park hop use the express bus located inside each park. You don't have to do security over and over. We are planning on using it to go back to MK each night so we can just take the monorail back to the poly.

Wow that's a great idea!! Thank you that is going to be a major time saver rather than going all the way back to the resort!

laben594

Original Poster
Congrats on your next trip and I am following! Flametree bbq in AK is my recommendation for a qs bite.

I would suggest starting with the safari so you can save fast passes for Pandora. Happy planning!

Thank you for following! Yum BBQ sounds delicious...... and don't laugh but I kinda totally forgot about the Safari at AK :banghead: kind of the biggest attraction there! :rolleyes: So that will probably be our first stop!

laben594

Original Poster
DAY 2: EPCOT!

Day 2 we are heading over to food and wine festival, MY FAVORITE!
  • Be there at rope drop, and go straight for Soarin
  • Head right over to test track, hopefully the wait won't be too long
  • FP + for Frozen, Finding Nemo, and Spaceship earth
  • Head over to WS around 11 and EAT & DRINK my way around the world with the kiosks (I say this now and I usually get full by the 4th Kiosk and need a break:rolleyes:)
  • Mid-afternoon pool break
  • Dinner at 7:40pm at Via Napoli :hungry:

laben594

Original Poster
DAY 3: MAGIC KINGDOM!

The most magical day of them all :p

• Head to MK for rope drop
  • Head straight for big thunder mountain/HM (so sad splash mountain is going to be closed while we are there:cry:)
  • FP+ for 7DMT, Space mountain, and peter pan
  • Lunch hopefully at the Plaza ( my favorite!)
  • Afternoon break by the pool
  • Back to MK, it closes early for MNSSHP (been there, done that)
  • Take monorail to Epcot and enjoy some food & wine
  • Dinner at Chefs De France!

amjt660

Premium Member
Hi Laben
The plans look great
I agree with @littleroo on the Flame Tree BBQ at Animal Kingdom

We went in Dec and I thought the Express bus was an upcharge
We decided not to use it because we hop but not excessively and could not justify the cost.

Now in terms of the F&W and only making it to 4 stops before stopping!!!!

Mama never raised a quitter!!!
Push through!!!
Stay tough!!!
Make it happen!!!
;);););)
LOL

Max

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom