FOOD TRUCKS

D

Deleted member 107043

In-n-Out is one of the highest rated Burgers in the USA, always fresh and a classic, and raved by many Chefs....

Bleaach.

Long before you returned to WDWMagic we had a big conversation about In-n-Out and fast food, and I outed myself as perhaps one of the few people living in North America who finds their food to be overrated. Their burgers are flavorless and dry, and their fries are bland and have a chalky texture. I've never understood what the In-n-Out fuss was about.

Now if you want a truly delicious fast food experience check out Super Duper Burger the next time you're in SF.

http://superduperburgers.com/

They serve possibly the best fast food hamburger I've ever tasted. They make a really delicious chicken sandwich too.

Californian Elitist

Oh come on, Disney burgers are crap, frozen, poor buns, weak veggies...

In-n-Out is one of the highest rated Burgers in the USA, always fresh and a classic, and raved by many Chefs....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In-N-Out_Burger

>>The chain also has fans in a number of renowned chefs including Gordon Ramsay, Thomas Keller, Julia Child, Anthony Bourdain, and Mario Batali. Famous London chef/restaurateur Ramsay ate In-N-Out for the first time when taping Hell's Kitchen in Los Angeles, and it soon became one of his favorite spots for take-out. Ramsay was quoted, saying about the experience: "In-N-Out burgers were extraordinary. I was so bad, I sat in the restaurant, had my double cheeseburger then minutes later I drove back round and got the same thing again to take away." Thomas Keller, a fan of In-N-out, celebrated with In-N-Out burgers at the anniversary party of his restaurant, The French Laundry. Keller also plans on opening his own burger restaurant inspired by his Los Angeles experience of In-N-Out. Julia Child, one of the first celebrities to champion the chain, admitted to knowing every location of the restaurant between Santa Barbara and San Francisco. Child also had the burgers delivered to her during a hospital stay. Anthony Bourdain reportedly said that In-N-Out was his favorite fast food meal; later naming the restaurant as "the best restaurant in Los Angeles." In-N-Out was one of the very few restaurant chains given a positive mention in the book Fast Food Nation. The book commended the chain for using natural and fresh ingredients and for looking after the interests of employees regarding pay and benefits. An In-N-Out food truck catered Vanity Fair's 2012 Academy Awards after party.<<

Maybe Disney should join Six Flags and Knott's/Cedar Fair in serving Johnny Rockets..... Anything has to be better than what is served in park. (Some of the DtD offerings like ESPNZone are good).

Darn skippy. Disney's burgers are disgraceful.

In-N-Out has consistently been on top for years and years now, and for good reason. Gotta love Julia Child for keeping a list of multiple In-N-Out restaurant addresses in her purse. Whoever doesn't like it, fine by me. One less person in line to enjoy In-N-Out's gloriousness.

Darkbeer1

OK, I have a long history with Hamburgers and SoCal...

I started as a marketing rep for a chain of Saloons (Bar/Restaurants) and focused on Bar Food, including a very good Hamburger on an Egg Bun. I learned how to cook them, and ran the kitchen when needed. (Grand American Fare).

I got a big offer from a Johnny Rockets Franchise and started working there, and ended up as the Regional Manager.

Living in San Diego as a kid, we couldn't get In-n-Out, and had to drive to Orange County just to get them. And many of us took many road trips to just have a meal. Yes, they are different, but a very good old fashioned burger, always fresh, a great sponge bun, and the right cheese to match up with the burger, which is seasoned with a type of seasoned salt (multiple spices). The fries are unique, as they use fresh fries, a=in which the starch content changes over the 12 month period. Most fries are picked at a specific time of the year, processed and blanched right away, and then frozen. And when they arrive at the actual store, they are fried a second time. Two totally different types of fries, and I like them both.

And a key is the price point, and also how they treat their employees. For a reasonable price (unlike places like Five Guys), you get a very good meal served in a very clean restaurant with good employees that care. A winning combination. And if a few don't like it, it doesn't seem like it will hurt the chain, as there are always lines of folks wanting to eat there.

D

Deleted member 107043

Do a Google search for "in-n-out overrated". Looks like I've got plenty of company. :)

D

Deleted member 107043

If you guys are in Seattle, get the king of reasonable cost take-out burgers
http://www.ddir.com/

100% beef, delivered fresh and never frozen; locally made buns delivered fresh each day; fries are
real potatoes, hand cut fresh daily. Can't be beat.

I was in Seattle recently and a Seattleite who has relocated to Oakland highly recommended their burgers. Sadly I wasn't able to get one. Next time.

Darkbeer1

http://qz.com/385241/in-n-out-is-still-americas-favorite-place-to-get-a-burger-a-survey-says/

>>In the Limited Service category, In-N-Out got the highest score with a 71.9%, which included high marks on reputation (86.5%), food quality (84.6%), “likely to recommend” (81.3%), service (79.5%), “likely to return” (77.8%), and “craveability” (74.9%). At the low end, the chain got a 55.7% for atmosphere and a 31.3% for its menu variety—its offerings are limited to burgers, fries, and shakes, though it’s famous for its “secret menu” of variations on those items.<<

There is a variety of restaurants, both in style (Fast Food. Limited Service, table service, fine dine, etc.) and types of food (Hamburhers, Mexican, Chinese, Italian, Vegetarian, etc.).

I love sushi, but others would say "YUCK" to raw fish.

To each their own, but you can't deny that In-n-Out is very popular and has a lot of fans.

I like going to FatBurger and getting a burger with a fried egg, different that In-n-Out, and I also eat burgers at many other places. But In-n-Out serves a very good product that I love to eat, is close to home and easy to get to, and is reasonably priced.

westie

These trucks will probably be in their own area, in DtD at that. If the food is good, why would it matter if it's coming from a food truck? I could see if they had plans to place these trucks throughout DL and DCA.

Last trip in sept, they had one parked in DTD next to the stage between ESPN and Earl of Sandwich. It looked so out of place.

Stevek

Bleaach.

Long before you returned to WDWMagic we had a big conversation about In-n-Out and fast food, and I outed myself as perhaps one of the few people living in North America who finds their food to be overrated. Their burgers are flavorless and dry, and their fries are bland and have a chalky texture. I've never understood what the In-n-Out fuss was about.

Now if you want a truly delicious fast food experience check out Super Duper Burger the next time you're in SF.

http://superduperburgers.com/

They serve possibly the best fast food hamburger I've ever tasted. They make a really delicious chicken sandwich too.
I like their burgers but agree, a bit overrated. I'd much rather have Habit or one of my local mom and pop places. Agree on the fries. They used to be good but now I find the almost inedible.

Stevek

It’s a little funny that these trucks will be right next to ESPN Zone, where you can get fries, wings and burgers.
And Rainforest...where you can get fries and burgers. As I said earlier, seems like an odd play given the variety already available in DTD. I can see something truly unique being offered but just another burger? Hmmm.

GiveMeTheMusic

And Rainforest...where you can get fries and burgers. As I said earlier, seems like an odd play given the variety already available in DTD. I can see something truly unique being offered but just another burger? Hmmm.

But the Habit truck you can walk up to and order a relatively inexpensive burger to eat on the go or at a nearby table. ESPN and Rainforest require a table wait, tipping a server, paying an inflated price. I'd choose the Habit truck over those options almost any day, as I never have a burning desire to enter ESPN or Rainforest.

Stevek

But the Habit truck you can walk up to and order a relatively inexpensive burger to eat on the go or at a nearby table. ESPN and Rainforest require a table wait, tipping a server, paying an inflated price. I'd choose the Habit truck over those options almost any day, as I never have a burning desire to enter ESPN or Rainforest.
I'm not disagreeing that I'd prefer Habit over those products...it's more about the other restaurants in DTD. I wonder what they think, especially if X% of business drops off because folks are now going to get a quick burger instead of waiting for a table.

GiveMeTheMusic

In N Out is overrated. You have to wait too long for a burger that's is as nice as the Habit or Five guys.

Five Guys makes good stuff, but the prices are kind of insane. While I personally love In-N-Out's burgers and fries, they come in at the most reasonable price point around. Hard to resist for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom