Food Truck at Epcot's World Showcase this weekend

71jason

Am I the only one who doesn't understand the fascination with food trucks, especially in this kind of location, it doesn't make any sense to me.

Holiday crowds overwhelm quick-service. That said, this would make more sense if we weren't in the middle of Flower & Garden, with all sorts of extra quick-service already set up.

Bolt

They also are just finding temporary homes as their area is being redone on the West Side. After that, they'll have a permenant home.

bhg469

Am I the only one who doesn't understand the fascination with food trucks, especially in this kind of location, it doesn't make any sense to me.
Food trucks can be amazing food.. but I agree the location seems silly when there are many options here. And more food options than anywhere on property by far.

The Empress Lilly

Where is @The Empress Lilly ???

A food truck, in the WS. Come on man.
At your service! Aye, poor WS. Disney doesn't understand EPCOT. First FW was destroyed, and now poor WS. It is being turned into WDW's Pleasure Island/CityWalk zone.

By adding and adding restaurants, and by making the consumption of truckloads of food compulsory with the dining plan, WS has changed in nature. It's largely not being thought of anymore as a theme park. It is now a themed CityWalk.

I can understand the reasoning of Ops to drive in a foodtruck for this crowded weekend. Why, I could understand them turning the Flower and Garden into a foodfest, I can understand them paving over WS with huge restaurants everywhere. There is a huge demand for food offerings at WS. But, that demand is there because people are funneled into WS for that. WS itself is infinitely attractive - who can resist all that lakeside beauty, who wouldn't want to take a stroll there tasting the best foods the world has to offer - and meanwhile there is nothing comparable elsewhere at WDW. Apparantly those much derided a-cultured guests do see the difference between a Downtown Disney Westside - insultingly crap - and a lush, sophisticated themed environment such as WS.

WS is not coming out better for it. Disney took paradise and cannibalised it. It is busy turning WS into Downtown Westside Story II. We now have big waterfront restaurants build in front of the pavilions, with temporary food stalls in front of those, with food trucks in front of those. Each new layer less themed, and more in your face. It is the pain of WS having been build so superhumanly gorgeous - you can diminish it by half and still it is a magnet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom