1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Food Rocks/ Kitchen Kabaret

Discussion in 'Past Attractions' started by GoofyMagic, Jul 11, 2005.

1. GoofyMagic

GoofyMagic Member

Which did you like better? Who were your favorite characters?

Maybe we can discuss the sets/lights/music here too?

Does anyone know what happened to the entire show after it closed? (Food Rocks)

2. General Grizz

General Grizz New Member

Food Rocks was gutted and many of its animatronics were dumped. From what I've heard the theater building still exists inside the Land, and was probably going to be used as a gift shop. I guess budget never allowed this area to be used.

Kitchen Kabaret was much better. The original songs and characters have left great impressions on Epcot guests. Take, for example, the Kitchen Karnivale display in the Food and Wine Festival from 2003. It featured a few low-budget cutouts of the characters and a variety of different "games" - such as sound boxes and hop scotch - but it received thousands of visitors who remembered the show. ("Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit") was also played.

brb1006 likes this.
  3. mousermerf

mousermerf Account Suspended

Grizz, go on the Behind the Seeds tour.

The doors near the restrooms at Soarin's entrance are the same ones that used to exit the giftshop for the start of the tour. The tour now starts by going through the doors near the FastPass distribution on the right. Between point A and B is where the theater used to be, and now no longer exists. It was completely taken by the queue.

4. General Grizz

General Grizz New Member

Are you sure that the entire Food Rocks area was used? I had two different people tell me this. I don't want to say it's fact, and I trust your information, but the rumor's intriguing.

5. mousermerf

mousermerf Account Suspended

I think it's wishful thinking as the door on the side of the fastpass machines leads into a narrow hallway that just on the other side is the green houses (another set of doors).

From what i can tell, the whole fastpass area itself and some of the exit walkway took over what was Food Rock's queue - the two floor section where the exit is under the main queue is right about where the show building itself should of been.

6. marni1971

marni1971 WDW History nut Premium Member

Ooohh - pics please! Typical of me I know. I`m trying to persue the changes from the theatre to the queue area (hi, Rob :wave: ) but it`s a bit slow without Soarin` blueprints.

brb1006 likes this.
  7. dxwwf3

dxwwf3 Well-Known Member

I would have to say that I liked Kitchen Kabaret better. It just felt more "Disney" than Food Rocks. Veggie Fruit Fruit. Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit. Veggie Fruit Fruit. Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit. Ole! Cha-cha-cha!

brb1006 likes this.
  8. WDWPrnces02

WDWPrnces02 New Member

Well I personally like the veggie veggie song...... :D

Come to think of it I thought alot of the food rocks songs were catchy. Everytime I hear the origional song on the radio I cant help but think of the FR Versions...... :eek: :eek:

9. WDWPixie

WDWPixie New Member

I LOVED Kitchen Kabert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was addicted since I first saw it... It's... sad. lol.

Anyway, I loved it. My dad tapped it for me when I was about 6 or 7 because I cried when I left it, so I know I have it on tape somewhere... I wanted to be that chick that hosted it, I didn't know she wasn't real. lol. But I loved it...

FR was cute but nothing beats veggie-veggie-fruit-fruit... CHA CHA CHA! And the sunglasses fly up...

brb1006 likes this.
  10. i<3disney4ever

i<3disney4ever New Member

i miss food rocks so bad!! that was altime favorite attraction when i was little! the peach boys i thought that was so clever! lol

11. EpcotGirl

EpcotGirl New Member

I MISS FOOD ROCKS :( it was my favorite show it sure beet most shows i see in WDW cause it was so hokey and i still remeber my favorite son every bite u take to this day :cry: . the wait is the exit and the fast pass distribuation for soarin

12. dolbyman

dolbyman Active Member

maybe you feel better after you watched martins tribute video (or the other two versions available) .. take a peek in the forums media section for more infos :wave:

brb1006 likes this.
  13. EpcotGirl

EpcotGirl New Member

I was not alive for Kitchen Kabera , it was closed before i was born

14. Scooter

Scooter Well-Known Member

I liked both shows but thought Food Rocks was a little better that Kitchen Kaberet.

That Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit song got old really fast.
    Then it stuck in your head just like The Small World Song.

Dang it!! Now I have 2 annoying songs stuck in my head! :brick:

15. GoofyMagic

GoofyMagic Member Original Poster

Yeah, I'm a sucker for animatronics so I hate whenever they take down an animatronic show. I was pretty young for K.K. but Food Rocks was nice as well, but K.K. had way better figures though.

16. jbeachboy

jbeachboy Member

food rocks cause i could relate to the songs and musicians.