Food and Wine Premium Fiasco

romitaz

Original Poster
Oh where do I begin?! We just finished one of the most disorganized and waste of my time in my entire Disney visiting life! It started when we went to pick up our premium package from the Festival Center. One kiosk with two woefully Uninformed cast members in attendance. Two hours and three forms later, we finally get our package, which I reserved the day it went live. I showed them my confirmation number on our MDE app, they had my name on the list, yet they needed me to fill out my name and drivers license number. THEN, they say they can ship it to the front only. What resort was I staying in? Huh, why do you need that? But ok. I give this info. The guy fills out the bubble on the transfer form. Then we get told that we need to go to the front to guest relations if we wanted to activate our magic band. Yet another line. THEN, we ask what about our seminar? They say oh go right on to it. So we proceed to the seminar, which was about to start since we had spent so long in line. We get there and they tell us we need a ticket at the info desk. Ok, 10 minutes in THAT line. We get to the front, the cast member says wait,you need to get that from the festival shop, where we had spent the 2 hours already. I explain that I had been in that line for 2 hours already and got bubkiss for tickets to my seminar. She says "oh whatever and shoves tickets at me. Fast forward to the areas themselves. Most had just a couple chairs and the cast members were flustered as can be. Lord help them they tried but it looked like they were seriously lacking in training. We put on our best smile and just powered through. All the cast members were doing their best and we thanked all of them for the valiant efforts to help when they weren't sure what to do themselves. Then the final straw, that nice long wait at package pickup at the front. We get told that our package must have been sent on to our resort because it wasn't here. He said he looked in the computer and it was shipped to the resort. What THE heck?!?! Now we are 100back in line for transportation. Can't win for losing. 9 for the effort, -15 for the most disorganized $430 I've ever spent.

romitaz

Original Poster
Oh yes, they said they were terribly sorry but it was the first day of the Premium package and they were still working out kinks. This is AFTER they completely lost my sisters gift package and told her she would have to come back tomorrow to get it since it was alcohol. After that, we just trudged to the bus in defeat. I'm totally mentally exhausted. I WILL NEVER BUY THAT PACKAGE AGAIN!

POLY LOVER

Oh yes, they said they were terribly sorry but it was the first day of the Premium package and they were still working out kinks. This is AFTER they completely lost my sisters gift package and told her she would have to come back tomorrow to get it since it was alcohol. After that, we just trudged to the bus in defeat. I'm totally mentally exhausted. I WILL NEVER BUY THAT PACKAGE AGAIN!
I remember the ad, be our guest be our guest put our service to the test!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I did the package last year with no real problems and enjoyed it, BUT this year the booking was a mess!! I booked the first day it was offered like you did, and never knew about the Illuminations Desert party being included as it was added weeks later! So I never got to pick a day I wanted to go Mon-Thurs (automatically booked the Monday when I already had reservations for HDD so that was not going to work and I never would have chosen Monday due to
That! ) and low and behold once I found out the desert party was included weeks later they were all full! And we couldnt book our seminar he first few weeks due to a glitch and then once the glitch was fixed they were all booked up for our week! That was the first problem then the desert party problem came up as I was dealing with that problem.
I NEVER would have known the desert party was included if I never had the problem with the seminar! Lol.
THANKFULLY I contacted guest relations and after a few weeks of working on my 2 problems with the premium package they fixed them and I got into the culinary seminar I wanted and got the desert party I wanted that week! So very happy my issues all worked out!
Again I did this package last year (the first year offered) and it was wonderful so we wanted to do It this year and then all this happened! Lol I really can't complain anymore as the lady that was working with me was wonderful
And everything worked out.
Sorry you had all these problems and hope they work out the kinks before our package week in 3 weeks. Lol.
Someone this year dropped the ball majorly with this package! Last year they did a great job but I don't know what/who happened this year!? :)

Last edited:

romitaz

Original Poster
I did the package last year with no real problems and enjoyed it, BUT this year the booking was a mess!! I booked the first day it was offered like you did, and never knew about the Illuminations Desert party being included as it was added weeks later! So I never got to pick a day I wanted to go Mon-Thurs (automatically booked the Monday when I already had reservations for HDD so that was not going to work and I never would have chosen Monday due to
That! ) and low and behold once I found out the desert party was included weeks later they were all full! And we couldnt book our seminar he first few weeks due to a glitch and then once the glitch was fixed they were all booked up for our week! That was the first problem then the desert party problem came up as I was dealing with that problem.
I NEVER would have known the desert party was included if I never had the problem with the seminar! Lol.
THANKFULLY I contacted guest relations and after a few weeks of working on my 2 problems with the premium package they fixed them and I got into the culinary seminar I wanted and got the desert party I wanted that week! So very happy my issues all worked out!
Again I did this package last year (the first year offered) and it was wonderful so we wanted to do It this year and then all this happened! Lol I really can't complain anymore as the lady that was working with me was wonderful
And everything worked out.
Sorry you had all these problems and hope they work out the kinks before our package week in 3 weeks. Lol.
Someone this year dropped the ball majorly with this package! Last year they did a great job but I don't know what/who happened this year!? :)

I HOPE all the MASSIVE bugs are killed before you get here. There were so many foibles today that it's almost comical. Almost

sxeensweet

I HOPE all the MASSIVE bugs are killed before you get here. There were so many foibles today that it's almost comical. Almost
Hoping my well their booking problems will be the end of it too! Again so sorry you are going through all this hassle! I don't wish that for anyone especially while on vacation! Think positive tomorrow will be a better day...I hope! :p

sxeensweet

The problem is that this is alcohol and was never shipped. The CM looked me dead in the eye and swore it was shipped. I get to the resort and they tell me nope, it's still sitting in package pickup at EPCOT. Wow.
See last year the wine and rest of gift package with the magic bands etc was waiting at our resort for us when we checked in. No extra paperwork etc had to be done and such. This whole mess that you have to check in at the festival center to get it is ridiculous. Lol.

copcarguyp71

The Disney motto for new experience roll-out seems to be Ready, Fire, Aim as of late.

Any of these sorts of things should have been done fifty times in dry-run training before launch. Sad and unfortunate that you spent what sounds like an entire half day (total) waiting for them to get their act together and still being let down by the net experience.

jakeman

No excuse for this. This isn't the first time Disney has offered this package. While there was a change in protocol this year (at Epcot instead of at the resorts) the basics were in place.

The ongoing ambiguity surrounding this package is baffling.

jakeman

And guess what didn't show up at the resort
Resort delivery can take up to 48 hours.

With that said, I'd definitely speak with someone regarding the whole fiasco. It sounds like you spent several hours of your vacation handling administrative matters on Disney's end. I would think some compensation for that time would be in order.

On the bright side, once you get it sorted out, the VIP package is a substantial upgrade to touring the booths.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom