Flying with a 2.5-3 year old...

jenos0524

Original Poster
Has anyone with a child this age use one of these?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2079475242&pf_rd_i=desktop

I have asked around to people I know and no one has taken a flight with the child at that age. My daughter will sit for the whole flight, especially because we are going with Jet Blue and have the tvs right in front of us. My main concern is if she falls asleep, at least she wont be hunched over. (We are flying out at 6:15am (Which is around her normal wake up time, but with a flight that early we will probably be leaving the house around 3-3:30am. Thanks!

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I used that with my kid at 2.5. It worked well. Only problem is making sure you open the tray table on the seat behind you when you install it so you don't accidentally cause the person behind you to not be able to use their tray. Also make sure you bring all the paperwork sayong it's FAA allowed etc. Sometimes the flight attendants are unfamiliar with them. Also board in the first group, most airlines will allow you to board early with first class to get car seat etc installed.

Are you using a car seat on the other side or Disney transportation only? If you need a car seat just use that.

jenos0524

Original Poster
I used that with my kid at 2.5. It worked well. Only problem is making sure you open the tray table on the seat behind you when you install it so you don't accidentally cause the person behind you to not be able to use their tray. Also make sure you bring all the paperwork sayong it's FAA allowed etc. Sometimes the flight attendants are unfamiliar with them. Also board in the first group, most airlines will allow you to board early with first class to get car seat etc installed.

Are you using a car seat on the other side or Disney transportation only? If you need a car seat just use that.

Thanks!
I am only using Disney Transportation, so I am avoiding bringing in a car seat. The Limo company taking us to the airport and picking us up is going to store our car seat for us while we are away. I just like the shoulder straps on her because when planes land and use use their breaks you get pushed forward and I think this would be better than me using my arm to keep her back.

Also is something like this required? Can you just bring a toddler on a plane and use a regular seat belt?

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Thanks!
I am only using Disney Transportation, so I am avoiding bringing in a car seat. The Limo company taking us to the airport and picking us up is going to store our car seat for us while we are away. I just like the shoulder straps on her because when planes land and use use their breaks you get pushed forward and I think this would be better than me using my arm to keep her back.

Also is something like this required? Can you just bring a toddler on a plane and use a regular seat belt?

You can just use a regular seat belt not required. It's really up to you.

RememberWhen

I can't get the link to work (viewing this in the app in my iPod) so I'm not sure exactly what device you're using, but it sounds like what we used when our little guy was just over 2yo. I always feel safer having better restraint. He's now almost 4 and still rear-facing in the car, but on the plane we have the car seat front facing since it won't fit rear facing. We're only bringing the car seat this time because we need a car. If we weren't renting a car we would use a cares harness.

jenos0524

Original Poster
I can't get the link to work (viewing this in the app in my iPod) so I'm not sure exactly what device you're using, but it sounds like what we used when our little guy was just over 2yo. I always feel safer having better restraint. He's now almost 4 and still rear-facing in the car, but on the plane we have the car seat front facing since it won't fit rear facing. We're only bringing the car seat this time because we need a car. If we weren't renting a car we would use a cares harness.
Screen Shot 2016-01-22 at 8.37.18 AM.png

dreamfinder

It depends on your stance on forwards/rear facing car seats. If you are comfortable with them being front facing, then it works. I know my DW has vetoed this as long as we can still get our DS in a rear facing car seat on the plane. Outside of that, I've heard nothing but good things about the cares system.

jenos0524

Original Poster
Outside of that, I've heard nothing but good things about the cares system.

This is what I have heard too... And reading online reviews there are very few Negative ones. I am just trying to figure out if its needed.... Most likely this would be the only time my daughter would use it. (if there is another child they would then maybe use it once or twice) but that is it. (By that time there will prob be something else that you have to use or a restriction on this)

RememberWhen

I think there's a website where you can rent a cares harness. Google it. It's probably cheaper to buy one if you might use it more than once or for another child someday.

*edit*
rentCARES.com

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom