Flying in to Sanford, driving, have questions

Raegansmommy

We are flying into Orlando/Sanford airport this time (we have always flown into Orlando and then hopped on the Magical Express). We were able to save $500, which allowed us to extend our vacation for 2 more nights. My first question is, how is thw drive from the airport? Toll road? Much to see for the kids?

We will be staying at an off site property near Disney Springs the first 2 nights. Are there any grocery stores along the way between Disney Springs and Pop Century? We would just want to grab some bottles of water, juiceboxes, and snacks to keep in our room.

Nick Pappagiorgio

Drive is about an hour. Last time we took the toll Road (417) all the way to World Center. I don't recall what the tolls were. We had the rental car pass turned on so they just added it to my credit card. There are not any grocery stores between those two areas. Your only option would be the Speedway gas station by Disney Springs. When we went, we stopped at the Walmart neighborhood market at 12550 Orange Blossom Trail and did our shopping on the way to the property.

Upvote 0

Philo

It's been about 8 or 9 years since I made that journey, and even then I did it on a coach. Aside from driving near a couple of lakes with alligators to see (a novelty for me coming from the UK), I seem to remember the journey being a little dull.

Of course, it's only about an hour or so and some of that will be approaching disney property so I doubt the kids will get really bored!

Upvote 0

Seanual757

The drive will take you approx. 1 hour take 417 south, to the 535/536 Exit (next exit after Orange Blossom Trail) World Drive and head to your resort. You have 2 exits that you can stop along the way to hit up a Publix Supermarket

Exit 22 Narcoossee Rd ($.50 Toll to get off, none to get back on 417) Get off on Narcoossee Rd turn right, go to the 2nd traffic light Publix on the right by McDonalds) , to go back exit Publix turn left (heading south, go approx. ½ mile to 417 Entrance ramp is on the right NO toll to get back onto 417).

Or

Landstar exit 14 (next exit after Bogg Creek/Aiport toll plaza) this exit has an exit toll to get off ($.50) but it does not to get back on. Get off on Landstar @ the light turn left go ½ mile Publix is on the right, when you leave Publix turn left go ½ mile on ramp is on your left.

I believe you will have 5 tolls on the mainline 417

(You might have one @ Lake Mary $1.50)

University Blvd $1.00

Curry Ford Rd $1.00

Orlando Intl Airport/Boggy Creek Rd $1.50

John Young Parkway $1.00

Upvote 0

Raegansmommy

Original Poster
The drive will take you approx. 1 hour take 417 south, to the 535/536 Exit (next exit after Orange Blossom Trail) World Drive and head to your resort. You have 2 exits that you can stop along the way to hit up a Publix Supermarket

Exit 22 Narcoossee Rd ($.50 Toll to get off, none to get back on 417) Get off on Narcoossee Rd turn right, go to the 2nd traffic light Publix on the right by McDonalds) , to go back exit Publix turn left (heading south, go approx. ½ mile to 417 Entrance ramp is on the right NO toll to get back onto 417).

Or

Landstar exit 14 (next exit after Bogg Creek/Aiport toll plaza) this exit has an exit toll to get off ($.50) but it does not to get back on. Get off on Landstar @ the light turn left go ½ mile Publix is on the right, when you leave Publix turn left go ½ mile on ramp is on your left.

I believe you will have 5 tolls on the mainline 417

(You might have one @ Lake Mary $1.50)

University Blvd $1.00

Curry Ford Rd $1.00

Orlando Intl Airport/Boggy Creek Rd $1.50

John Young Parkway $1.00

Probably a dumb question, but I'm from Ohio and the only toll road we have is the turnpike. The roads with the tolls are they ones that you are just driving along and have to toss in money and then just keep driving? I just want to make sure I bring singles and quarters if we will need them.

Upvote 0

Seanual757

Probably a dumb question, but I'm from Ohio and the only toll road we have is the turnpike. The roads with the tolls are they ones that you are just driving along and have to toss in money and then just keep driving? I just want to make sure I bring singles and quarters if we will need them.

Yes

Also the mainline toll plaza's on the 417 have booth that can exchange bills, the off ramps most are exact change only so yes bring change for those if you head to Publix along the way).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom