Floridian Weather

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
I see temps have been well above average for a while now...I hope it stays this warm through February! By the way...have the fires started yet? It was soooo smokey last February...and I see the forecast for Orlando shows sunshine for the next two weeks...GREAT FOR TOURISM!
Kyle

NowInc

Originally posted by DogsRule!
I see temps have been well above average for a while now...I hope it stays this warm through February! By the way...have the fires started yet? It was soooo smokey last February...and I see the forecast for Orlando shows sunshine for the next two weeks...GREAT FOR TOURISM!
Kyle

its more of the usual...really plesant. No fires yet...wait till about april or so ;)

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
as dry as it is right now, I was thinking more like January...doesn't seem any rainier than last year at this time, and it was soooooooooo smokey last Feb.
Kyle

NowInc

Well..in florida we technically only have 2 seasons...Rainy and Hurricane...we just happened to have a reallly dry year...trust me..it isnt common...

Camelot

A funny thing happened to me while checking out the 10 -day weather forecast for Orlando on the internet for my recent trip.
Up popped the foecast for Orlando, WV (West Virginia) only my friend and I did not notice it was for W. Virginia, and we were shocked to see the forecast was in the 40's high and 20's low...

Anyhooo...it was very warm when we were there last week, and I didn't mind at all getting wet on Splash Mountain...not at all.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
you've had quite a few dry years in a row...I know the fires weren't new last year...it's hardly ever rainy from about November to March anymore...

MajinBuu

Today it is nice... cooler weather and not the 98-101 degree temps im used to... of course for a real floridian (born and raised) like me... anything from the 50s to 70s is cool. Oh and about the hurricane season... this was the 2nd season in a row that the us was not hit by a hurricane and it has never gone 3 straight seasons without a hurricane touching U.S. land... :lookaroun so if your planning on going to WDW do it at the beginning of the summer ... thats what i did last time i was there (June 2000) and the only thing that killed the experience was the damn smoke from the fires

MrPromey

Originally posted by DogsRule!
you've had quite a few dry years in a row...I know the fires weren't new last year...it's hardly ever rainy from about November to March anymore...

Yes but the fires were unusually bad last year. Last year is the worst we have ever had with them. Everyone is hopeful that they won’t be so bad this year.

NowInc

Originally posted by MrPromey

Yes but the fires were unusually bad last year. Last year is the worst we have ever had with them. Everyone is hopeful that they won’t be so bad this year.

Yeah..it was really bad...and the REALLY dry weather hasnt been at all helpfull...I remember back when we used to stereotype florida as having a LOT of rain....I miss those days..

MrPromey

Originally posted by NowInc

Yeah..it was really bad...and the REALLY dry weather hasnt been at all helpfull...I remember back when we used to stereotype florida as having a LOT of rain....I miss those days..

This summer didn't seem even close to as wet as it was only a few years ago :(

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
It needs to hurry up and get back to 80º! I'm going in 51 days and I want to go swimming! (granted I would go swimming if it were above 73º, 80º is better!) Temperatures in the fifties...DISGUSTING! I hope it's a fluke:king:

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
I still say it needs to be nice and toasty the week I go :) It's frigid here and I think our neighbors, 60 miles away, made news around the country with their 75 inches of snow this week...

NowInc

Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer

:lol: :lol: Why don't you come up to NY and spend a winter here. Or even further north...

LoL...as you know..I am from about 6 miles from where you live...trust me..I have had my fill of cold weather ;)

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by NowInc

LoL...as you know..I am from about 6 miles from where you live...trust me..I have had my fill of cold weather ;)

Yeah, I can't help but laugh when people say 40 or 50 degree weather is "freezing". The best is when the people are wearing sweaters & jackets on mornings where its like 50 out!! Jesus people, what would you do if it ever snowed in Florida!! :eek: :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom