Florida Mall

Princess A

Original Poster
Hi there! I am a first-time visitor to WDW and Orlando! Our trip is in 6 weeks time (I cannot fully express my excitement) and I am just wondering about visiting the malls and shopping areas. We are allocating a few days to go shopping and I just would like to know how easy it is to get from our resort (POR) to the shopping malls? I used Florida Mall as an example as I know that is one we will be heading for.

Hopefully this question is in the right place! Any help or tips will be much appreciated. We are coming from the UK so please excuse if this seems a silly question. :oops:

CAPTAIN HOOK

There are two malls (that I know of) within easy distance of WDW - if you have a car.

You've mentioned Florida Mall which is out towards Orlando Int airport and there's also The Mall at Millenia which is a couple of miles north east of the end of International Drive / east of Universal Studios.

A taxi will take you to either but I've no idea on the cost

Princess A

Original Poster
We aren't hiring a car unfortunately as it's only me that will be eligible to drive and frankly I don't want the added stress (selfish, I know), so we would be using a taxi or a bus (if there are buses?). Thank you for the replies!

Seanual757

As a local to Orlando you will pay an arm and a leg for a taxi from POR to the Florida Mall or any of the other area malls. You would be better off heading the Orlando Vineland Premium Outlets much closer.

Travel time is 6.3 miles approx. 15 minutes (Orlando Vineland Premium Outlets)

Travel time is 14.1 miles plan on 30 min drive. (Florida Mall)

Travel time is 14.3 miles 30-45 min (The Mall at Millenia)

Travel Time is 11 miles 20-25 min (Pointe Orlando International Drive/Universal Blvd)

TWICKERS

Don't know if this helps but I googled buses from ticket and transportation WDW (this is at the magic kingdom) and went to a trip adviser section (bus services to/from magic kingdom). You appear to be able to get Lynx buses to other parks and shops from there and also from Downtown Disney, this may have changed as it is now becoming Disney Springs.
We always have a car so not sure of any other suggestions. Have been to all the malls,outlets. Walmart and Target are also good for us Brits to shop.

Have a great time we are hoping to go next year.

Princess A

Original Poster
Thank you! The buses look like a good option, although they take some time. It's all part of the fun though, right? :D

fugawe09

Lynx buses are designed around park, restaurant, and hotel workers going to work. So most of the routes go from residential areas to hospitality destinations, usually via arterial streets. They do not have direct service between any two main attractions, with the exception of the I-Ride trolley that runs the length of International Drive between the two outlet malls. There are big rushes and transfers at 7am, 3pm, and 5pm. And the rest of the day it is just a few routes that might require you to go to the central station to transfer. Basically a vagrant hangout. There are some charter companies that run day excursions to shopping venues - I believe Florida Dolphin Tours has trip that caters to UK travelers and goes to Florida Mall, Premium Outlets, and Wal-Mart. Word of advice - Florida Mall, the north end of International Drive, and the area Wal-Marts are not really places you want to be after dark.

Figgy1

Premium Member
If your heading to the Malls look for the official Disney outlet stores there are 2. They are staffed by cast members and I always manage to find a few great bargains. Last trip my best buys there were POTC shirts that were still in the park for only $5 US each. Have a magical time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom