Flooding Issues at Magic Kingdom?

Siren

Original Poster
Does Disney need new drains or something?

Video(s) -
http://hellogiggles.com/disney-world-flooded/

2vmettj.jpg

This was posted all over Twitter as Magic Kingdom's new gondola ride. LOL.

2gulb44.jpg

mike081020/Instagram
qy5y1k.jpg

@ScottGustin/Twitter

28bh6vq.jpg

@ScottGustin/Twitter

15yt8uv.jpg

@ScottGustin/Twitter

ItlngrlBella

Wondering if this was a downpour just before or after the hurricane that came through this Fall (I already forgot the name of that one). Sometimes no matter how many drains there are - if it rains faster than it can flow-off, you have the above situation.

Disney4family

We experienced a huge cell one day in August 2015. We huddled under the awning by Guest Relations just outside of Magic Kingdom. Wicked lightning. Really wicked. Massive flooding. Water well over everyone's ankles.
After 45 minutes, we took our socks and sneakers off & put them in our clear, plastic backpack; stayed under protection as much as possible; and made a run for the monorail to get back to BLT.
People were still heading into the park. For most of them they said it was their first and only day to visit. So sad.

Goofyernmost

It rained alot that day but no more than the typical rain we experience in spring Florida. It looks like someone dropped the ball
Nobody dropped any ball. Nature is much more powerful then any human. It can rain so much that nothing can stop temporary flooding. Ask yourself how a town located on the coast of a major ocean can flood when it has all that mass of water to run into. Well, it's because it takes a bit of time for the water to run into it. When I was in Vietnam our home base had a large number of concrete ravines, 12 ft. wide and 8 ft. deep. It hardly ever rained there, but, when it did, during the monsoons, those huge ravines would fill up in just a few minutes, fill up to over-flowing. It was amazing to see. If you have ever been to WDW and had one of those famous sideways storms come rolling in you would understand. Those pictures were taken just at the end of the storm, I'd be willing to bet that if you had seen pictures of it 5 minutes later, it would almost be bone dry.

disney4life2008

Nobody dropped any ball. Nature is much more powerful then any human. It can rain so much that nothing can stop temporary flooding. Ask yourself how a town located on the coast of a major ocean can flood when it has all that mass of water to run into. Well, it's because it takes a bit of time for the water to run into it. When I was in Vietnam our home base had a large number of concrete ravines, 12 ft. wide and 8 ft. deep. It hardly ever rained there, but, when it did, during the monsoons, those huge ravines would fill up in just a few minutes, fill up to over-flowing. It was amazing to see. If you have ever been to WDW and had one of those famous sideways storms come rolling in you would understand. Those pictures were taken just at the end of the storm, I'd be willing to bet that if you had seen pictures of it 5 minutes later, it would almost be bone dry.

I live in Orlando. I do not disagree.

ewensell3

Does Disney need new drains or something?

Video(s) -
http://hellogiggles.com/disney-world-flooded/

2vmettj.jpg

This was posted all over Twitter as Magic Kingdom's new gondola ride. LOL.

2gulb44.jpg

mike081020/Instagram
qy5y1k.jpg

@ScottGustin/Twitter

28bh6vq.jpg

@ScottGustin/Twitter

15yt8uv.jpg

@ScottGustin/Twitter

Executive summary - Welcome to central Florida. It's flat. It rains very large amounts of water for very short periods of time. Some "puddling" may occur. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom