1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Flip Flop recommendations?

Discussion in 'WDW Tips' started by Minnie1986, Aug 27, 2015.

1. D Smith

D Smith New Member

My past 2 trips i went with Under Armour 4d foam sandals. Both trips were 9 days and i wore the sandals just about the whole time. They are comfortable and no blisters. My daughter also has a pair and loves them, she too wore them alot with no issues. This past trip we walked 10+ miles per day according to the pedometer, and at least 95% was in the sandals.

I will always take a pair of sneakers, but hardly wear them, unless I know it will rain. I always bring mole skin in case my feet do start to blister.

DiSnEyF@n and figmentfan423 like this.
  2. figmentfan423

figmentfan423 Well-Known Member

welcome aboard

3. dinkyandbaby

dinkyandbaby New Member

Tevas with socks are very comfortable :) but if you don't want to go the tacky tourist route I would say Bzees are very comfortable also!

figmentfan423 likes this.
  4. figmentfan423

Welcome here!

5. Princess Kaylee

Princess Kaylee Well-Known Member

I despise sneakers I have worn old navy flip flops and sanuk yoga mat sandals until my last trip. Sketchers Yoga Mat sneakers are so cute and so comfortable. :)

6. Schneewittchen

Schneewittchen Well-Known Member

I usually do Keds sneakers, but I did wear my very well broken-in Zealand leather flip flops at Epcot all day once and did alright.

This year I'm going all out. I will have the happiest feet on earth. I'll be switching between a pair of Brooks PureCadence runners and a pair of Asics GEL-Cumulus runners in the parks. And perhaps rocking some granny-style orthotic ABEO sandals for our evenings out.

NonnaT and figmentfan423 like this.
  7. aaambermarie1

aaambermarie1 New Member

I have a pair of the nikes as well, and can attest they are the most comfortable flip flops I have ever worn :)

8. figmentfan423

Welcome aboard:joyfull:

9. figmentfan423

I recently got a pair of Crocs dual comfort Capri's. Walked around all last week in the nice warm weather an am adding a pair to my Disney rotation:inlove:

Ali Mouse likes this.
  10. Ali Mouse

Ali Mouse Active Member

I love wearing flip flops to Disney! One year I wore one of my favorite Nike tennis shoes that I wear all the time at home and I was miserable!
    So... My favorite flat flip flops did well last time but after reading this I wanted to step it up with some extra comfort. I went to academy today and found two super comfy flip flops...
    Nike Comfort image.jpeg and Crocs women's Capri v flips image.jpeg .
    Both were super comfy ran around the store in them... Funny sight!
    I ended up choosing the crocs because they were more waterproof- the cushion on the Nikes would absorb water- not good in florida(maybe). And surprisingly the crocs were more my style. Excited and ready to break them in.

11. Ali Mouse

Ali Mouse Active Member

That is what I bought today! Excited!

12. TheMouseFan

TheMouseFan Well-Known Member

I love my Crocs Capris!! That is all I wore on our last trip and didn't have any problems!

Ali Mouse and figmentfan423 like this.
  13. DfromATX

DfromATX Well-Known Member

The only time I wear sneakers would be to the gym. I think they look bad and I hate having my feet closed up in them. I am just not a sneakers kind of girl. I know this is an old post, but you can't go wrong with Clarks's brand sandals and some Crocs. Whatever you do, makes sure the shoes have good support and cushion, which most Clark's do. Do not wear flat flip flops or sandals. They are very bad for your feet!

14. DiSnEyF@n

DiSnEyF@n Well-Known Member

I never wear sneakers either!!! The flips that I bring are super cheap ones from Kohls. They don't have a lot of support but they are very comfortable.... They're just your basic foam flip flop. I wouldn't recommend anything with a platform.

15. cdeev8690

cdeev8690 Well-Known Member

I don't tend to wear sandals since I'm not really into the look of those that are supposed to be comfortable for long-wear (personal preference) but if I do, it's usually Old Navy or something I picked up from Urban. Either way, I always keep a pair of Toms or Vans in my backpack with some no-show socks for later in the day. Flip flops are so easy to stash away in a bag, you can easily make the switch if you want to show off your pedi or let your toes breathe after a long afternoon of walking.

16. DfromATX

DfromATX Well-Known Member

Hey, I can read between those lines... You were very tactful and so nice, but I think you're referring to "old lady" sandals. No worries, you're just not there yet, but you will be one day! :p (No offense meant to anyone... I have some "comfort" sandals myself.)

17. Rosie Godmother

Rosie Godmother Member

I have never had any problems with FitFlops or Merrill sandals. Both offer much more support than a regular flip flop. I do take multiple pairs, even though they dry fairly quick, in case they get soaked.

18. figmentfan423

Welcome aboard

Rosie Godmother likes this.
  19. cdeev8690

cdeev8690 Well-Known Member

hahaha!! I'm looking forward to one day getting my first pair of Croc Sandals ;)

DfromATX, DiSnEyF@n and figmentfan423 like this.
  20. jrogue

jrogue Well-Known Member

I wear mostly Old Navy flip flops at the parks! Cheap, comfy, and doesn't cause any blisters or anything like that.