FLIK Cards going away

MaryJaneP

Also, as previously mentioned, do all the signs start at 0 minutes upon ropedrop? Are the signs in 1 or 5 minute increments?

Jon81uk

Also, as previously mentioned, do all the signs start at 0 minutes upon ropedrop? Are the signs in 1 or 5 minute increments?

Five minute increments and the smallest they usually show is 5 minutes. I don't think I've ever seen a zero as its unlikely you will wait less than 3 minutes.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The wait times will NEVER be accurate, WDW inflates wait times on some attractions to steer guests to other attractions.

Wait, you mean that when DHS would open, and the posted wait time for TSM would instantly jump to 60-90 minutes, it wasn't accurate?? Next you're going to tell me that those "Surprise FastPasses" one would sometimes get (like at Test Track and you'd get one FP for TT and one "surprise" FP for HISTA) were trying to get you into an attraction that usually had little-to-no wait in order to spread the crowds out.

Otterhead

I still have on in my car. I was in line for space mountain on a 60 minute wait by the time i got to the ride, i forgot it was in my pocket.
Oh, so that's why there was a two month wait time when I was there... :)

Although seriously, when I was there last time, I remember going to Rock & Roller Coaster and seeing a 570 minute wait. I had to wonder if someone walked off with their card...

Last edited:

Phil12

I always stuffed the card in my pocket while in the queue and kept all those FLIK cards as souvenirs. I must have about 40 cards. I think I'll wait a few years and then sell them on eBay. Theme park junkies will love these. I'll attach a tag to each one noting the attraction and queue wait time.

Tom Morrow

An experienced CM at an attraction can usually give you a more accurate estimate of the wait time just by looking at it and knowing what capacity the ride is operating at. Some attractions even train CMs to gauge the wait time. Lazier CM's, however, will just look at the sign and say "yep, that's the wait time."

jsreg51654

The FLIK cards used to track wait times (red cards) have started going away as of two weeks ago. Magicbands are now being used as the way to track wait times. There is a sensor near the entrance and a sensor near loading.

Just now catching this thread. They started taking away those cards over a year ago. It appears they are doing it in phases/ park groups.

I'm waiting for people on the other Disney forum to complain that it was always a family tradition to get the FLIK cards and that they're now cancelling their trips ;)

Yes! Less people to get in my way and shorten the wait.

MaryJaneP

The whole "wait time" seems to be a game whereby the operator can "incentivize" guests to stay at this attraction or forego this attraction for somewhere else in that park by artificially inflating or deflating (deflate-gate) the number displayed as the current "wait time". To imagine that there is ANY scientific basis for their guessitmate is ludicrous. It completely ignores the innumerable variables that are in play and which can drastically change the actual time between entering and exiting and attraction. It represents nothing and at most could be some kind of very rough average that may or may not be based upon length of the line. Of course, again, this completely fails to take into consideration that nothing seems to proceed without wildly occurring swings in load/unload/accessability/attraction-status/etc events. An app that displays wait-times, laughable advertisement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom