FLIK Cards going away

Biff215

While my kids always enjoy being the "chosen one", it would make way more sense to use MagicBands. The red cards were confusing to guests who didn't understand them, and CM's often weren't great at wanting to explain and hold up the line. This could be a real positive to MM+ if it results in more accurate wait times that aren't only tracking a few guests.

disney4life2008

I still have on in my car. I was in line for space mountain on a 60 minute wait by the time i got to the ride, i forgot it was in my pocket. Lol

MaryJaneP

We always seriously doubted the accuracy of the FLIK cards computations because we have witnessed on more than one occasion the cards being passed back and/or forward in the line in the false whisper-down-the-lane that the card had some benefit to the holder. The younger the holder, the more likely this seemed to occur.

Cmdr_Crimson

2 times I have held the Flik card....Once for Space Mountain and the other for Kilmanjaro..I'm sure for the obsessive park collector it is a sought out piece of Disney some would like...

peter11435

What do you mean by under reported? if you mean you waited 15 minutes for an attraction which was listed at 40 minutes, That's exactly what I meant the actual wait is shorter than the reported wait to steer people to other attractions.
That's clearly the exact opposite of what they were saying

PiratesoftheHM

Not always true. I had two cases in which the wait times were under reported this January.

Maybe it's not always true, but in general WDW wait times are way overestimated while DL's are much closer to reality. One time it was underestimated. It happened to us on RNR. Got in line and it said I think 90 and we waited closer to 150. They did however make an announcement after about 20 mins that wait times may be longer than expected.

In my experience the only time WDW wait times are underreported is when the ride was down and then has a backed up FP queue. In general it's much more likely to be over reported, most often strategically.

Example: A very very busy spring break day at MK. The corridor between Small World and Peter Pan is horrible. The Small World queue said 60. It was actually about 25 but they do this on purpose because the queue was already spilling out into the congested walkway.

Biff215

What they do for operational reasons are out of our control. The point is using MB's will provide better numbers than the cards, whether or not Disney chooses to use them. I actually don't mind that they inflate the times as it typically benefits those of us who know how quickly a particular line moves. I'm not going to waste the FP for Small World while others will based on the posted wait time and visible queue. Fair? Maybe not, but they have their reasons as others have stated.

No Name

I loved seeing the CM wave the red card in front of some random normal-looking object/part of queue. And then seeing other guests have no idea why they were being given it. Ohh... my red card nostalgia is kicking in.

This is a positive and logical change though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom