Flights of Wonder at Disney's Animal Kingdom to be added to FastPass+

MerlinTheGoat

Facepalm-Meme-03.jpg

NelsonRD

This is probably being done as a diversion, in the anticipation of Avatar land opening, or an attempt to relieve some stress on the more popular Kilimanjaro Safari.

habuma

My experience has been that FP+ is largely unnecessary for most anything in AK. On one visit, we had FP+ for Kilimanjaro Safari, Expedition Everest and Dinosaur...but didn't even use them because the standby lines were so short. On another visit we had some FP+s and used them, but they were only marginally useful.

At no point have I ever gone to Flights of Wonder and said, "Boy I sure wish I had got FP+ for this."

I suspect that this is just a distraction FP+ choice for guests who don't know any better. To draw them away from using them on other attractions.

djkidkaz

I think it's a great idea. It helps to draw attention to this fantastic show that I'm sure a majority of people miss. With the increased attendance coming soon to the park this is just another option when the main attractions are filled up early and Guests just want SOMETHING.

Fastpass+ forces people to explore other attractions besides the e-tickets. Guests show up at AK and know about the safari and Everest but have no idea there is a show in the tree or about flights of wonder. If they end up getting "stuck" with a fp for one of these they are going to be much more inclined to search it out and see what it is.

Jon81uk

I guess a lot of people just walk past this show, not even knowing it exists so by adding FP, even if people choose not to book them it gets the show on guests radar and they are more likely to watch it. Also with the new night time offerings and therefore longer park hours next year the attendance is likely to go up at DAK and this should help spread crowds if nothing else.

JohnD

Interesting but I've never seen a huge wait outside the theatre before the next show. People pretty much stand around the CM doing a pre-show with a bird then everyone flocks in together.

Incomudro

I guess a lot of people just walk past this show, not even knowing it exists so by adding FP, even if people choose not to book them it gets the show on guests radar and they are more likely to watch it. Also with the new night time offerings and therefore longer park hours next year the attendance is likely to go up at DAK and this should help spread crowds if nothing else.

I passed on this show two, perhaps three seasons in a row.
(And we love A/K, and stop to look at all the animals.)
Then, we gave FoW a look one season and it became a favorite.
It's a must do if you ask me, one too easy to dismiss as we used to do.

habuma

I passed on this show two, perhaps three seasons in a row.
(And we love A/K, and stop to look at all the animals.)
Then, we gave FoW a look one season and it became a favorite.
It's a must do if you ask me, one too easy to dismiss as we used to do.

It was a must-do for us before we ever went to AK. On our first trip to WDW, we decided to check out Flights of Wonder because the description sounded similar to Birds of the World which we had seen at the State Fair of Texas. Turns out that it wasn't only similar, but essentially the same show, put on by the same people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom