Flight of Passage with a broken ankle?

NeedMoreMickey

Original Poster
My 21 yr. old niece broke her ankle playing soccer two nights ago and we leave for WDW in 27 days. My sister is probably going to get a wheelchair for her because she is in a cast and walking with crutches. Even if she gets into a walking boot before we leave she probably won’t be able to walk the parks the entire day. We are assuming some of the rides that are hard to get into like Space Mountain may have to be skipped them this trip. She is really hoping to be able to ride Flight of Passage. Anyone that has been on FoP do you think she will have any problems riding it with the cast/walking boot?

DisneyJoe

She may find the walkways in the queue to get to the attraction a challenge, especially in a wheelchair, as the walkways are all uphill, and they are long.

I cannot speak to the ride with a cast/boot.

Chef Mickey

Walking would be more of an issue than sitting in the ride vehicle.

People are making a big deal out of the ride vehicles...to me, it's a non issue and anyone who is able to touch their toes shouldn't have an issue.

correcaminos

They do have the test vehicle out there. I'd have her try it out first just in case. It would be hard to guess even with it to know since not all casts/boots are the same. I would thing the larger ones would be bad, but could she remove it for the ride? I know my friend was able to remove her boot for it.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
FoP restrictions sign (from WDWMagic's review page):
FoP Restrictions.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom