deleted

Marc Davis Fan

Curious how they'll accommodate people with disabilities...don't know how they handle that with Soarin', either, or other Park attractions.

Soarin' is actually one of the easiest rides to board/disembark for people with mobility disabilities. There's nothing to step up to / over, so they can just roll the wheelchair up to the seat and transfer. (Tower of Terror is another great example of this.) Flight of Passage might be different, requiring guests to step up (e.g., Mission: Space, Dinosaur) or over a barrier (e.g., Test Track, over the side of the vehicle).

Alektronic

Soarin' is actually one of the easiest rides to board/disembark for people with mobility disabilities. There's nothing to step up to / over, so they can just roll the wheelchair up to the seat and transfer. (Tower of Terror is another great example of this.) Flight of Passage might be different, requiring guests to step up (e.g., Mission: Space, Dinosaur) or over a barrier (e.g., Test Track, over the side of the vehicle).

Flight of Passage will be difficult for people in wheelchairs or ECV's, it can be done but it requires a lot of standing, the 2 pre-show rooms before loading is designed for standing guests, just like other attractions where everyone stands on a number which represents where you will be sitting. The loading platform is very small, with some small shelves behind you which to hold personal items like purses and backpacks.

RSoxNo1

Flight of Passage will be difficult for people in wheelchairs or ECV's, it can be done but it requires a lot of standing, the 2 pre-show rooms before loading is designed for standing guests, just like other attractions where everyone stands on a number which represents where you will be sitting. The loading platform is very small, with some small shelves behind you which to hold personal items like purses and backpacks.
How much of the experience will be lost if you use Fastpass?

doctornick

You won't miss any because they are after the merge point.

Yeah, those sound more like "pre-show" and perhaps similar to the car design for Test Track which FP+ also merges before and thus experiences (yes, I know single rider misses that though).

NRJ is the one I'm more worried about with FP+ use since it sounds like the queue might be a big first act of the ride which could be missed by using FP+.

KrzyKtty

I didn't see it on any post so far, but any clues as to minimum height requirement? My daughter will be 40-42 inches in June when we go. She is tall enough for Soarin, but considering the single rider, I'm not sure she will be tall enough to ride on her own???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom