Trip Report Fjords,Funicular and Frozen fun.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 1

Guernsey – Jersey – Portsmouth

Howdy Y’all and welcome to my trip report.

This time round we are off on the Disney Magic to Norway for a magical 7 night cruise.

The cast of characters this time includes ,

Myself
11215879_10206680162425942_4359654836133900610_n.jpg

The ever lovely Mrs Ferret (aka Donna)
13226690_10154208818136465_4703180339621654061_n.jpg

And also along for the ride are my parents

Tim and Val.
IMG_2817.jpg

As always the first day involves getting ourselves off our little Island to civilization.This time out however we are not taking the plane but taking the ferry and then driving down to Dover.So that means No luggage allowance WOOOOOOO.:D

So after loading up our trusty wheels we set off to a rousing round of “are we there yet ?” and headed down to the boat.

Everything was running to schedule and soon we left our home behind and headed off to sit in Jersey harbor for an hour or so before continuing on to Portsmouth. As it was an overnight sailing we joined the expanding queue for dinner.
20160527_194648.jpg
Jersey Harbour

For a ferry the food was pretty good. We went with the Lasagne for Donna and the chicken burger for myself with crème brulee cheesecake and honeycomb ice cream for dessert.

After this it was off to our cabin for the night.
13296082_10154227341476465_467043475_n.jpg

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 2

Portsmouth – Dover

Our second day dawned bright and early and we were breakfasting on-board at 6am whilst watching the scenery drift past as we slowly got to the port. Early starts were to be common this trip
20160528_061055.jpg

Once docked we once more jumped in the trusty motor and set of East to take a unhurried drive to our lodgings for the night.

First stop was a Tesco for a few essential provisions and a stop at the neighboring coffee shop ( Harris and Hoole ) . It was very nice and makes a change from the chain stores that seem to be everywhere.
20160528_090719.jpg

After a brief visit to one of my parents friends we scooted over to Hastings for a break and stretch of legs.

13334349_10154230926116465_506291127_o.jpg

Lunch was rapidly approaching and we found a nearby Beefeater. One steak for me and a Piri Piri chicken for Donna saw us sustained for the next part of our road trip.The food was ok but nothing special to be honest.

The afternoon saw a leisurely drive along the south coast of England and to the premier Inn to await the next day and vacation proper.

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 3

Premier Inn – DISNEY MAGIC

The day dawned bright and early and after a quick breakfast at the attached Beefeater we checked we had everything ready and headed down the road to port parking and our first glimpse of our ship.That first glimpse of the Magic gave us all the same happy goosebumpy feeling that the “welcome to WDW” sign does.The drive down was a lot quicker than we expected and were soon offloading the cases out of the car and loading them on a coach to head down to the cruise port.
13487876_10154278963806465_626276971_n.jpg

Once there we left the cases in the capable hands of the porters and headed inside to check in.

Once you have checked in (similar to an airport) they send you through into a holding area to await boarding. In here are lots of seats and a photo opp with the star of the cruise Captain Mickey himself. Of course we joined the line to meet him (would have been rude not to) and also soon after Minnie appeared so it was back in the line once more.
13324340_10154278962601465_671049944_o.jpg

IMG_2708.JPG

This ate a big chunk of time up and soon enough they were calling the first group onboard.It quickly moved onwards and soon our boarding number was called. There was a quick stop for photos and then it was down the gangway to the boat.

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
Original Poster
From the moment the “Tucker Family” was welcomed on board all I can say is WOW. The ship is incredible in every way.First up was a visit to Cabanas buffet for lunch as Breakfast seemed a million miles away.The only thing I remember we had for lunch was Donna trying pumpkin pie (which she liked but was never there again). Once we had eaten we set out to further explore the ship as the staterooms were not accessible until 1:30. During this time we managed to find the coffee (shocker I know) and ice-cream stations.

Once the allocated time was up we headed off to find our staterooms and met our stateroom attendant a wonderful chap called Ganesh (we could even found out that he was a Man City fan).
fish.jpg

Our Fish outside the room

IMG_2747.JPG

Our stateroom door

stateroom 1.jpg

Our stateroom

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
Original Poster
Once unpacked we had an emergency drill practice which found our assembly point as the main Theater. Somehow Mum and Dad managed to be in the theater and not scanned in (can’t take them anywhere ) then it was off to deck 10 (from deck 4) to see the sail away party down on deck 9. There was a lot of stair climbing this vacation as the lifts didn’t seem to like us. At the close of the party they tooted the ships magical horn and we started moving.

We took a more peacefull stroll back down to the main theatre again for a preview show for the cruise and a welcome aboard by cruise director Clayton. This featured a short glimpse of one of the acts onboard, Pete Matthews comedy juggler. We were hooked by his act and caught all his shows whilst onboard.

We had been allocated the late seating times for the cruise which worked out great for us as I think if I had eaten before the shows I would have been snoring through them, Not that they were boring but I am getting old …

For those that don’t know dinner is at one of 3 main restaraunts and you rotate between them on an allocated schedule for the cruise.Your servers also move with you which is nice as you get to know them a bit better and they have a better understanding of your tastes/preferences as the cruise goes on.

First up for us was Animators pallatte. We had ;

Starters

Donna, Split pea soup

Me , Split pea soup

Main

D, Pennette Pasta with a Garlic chiabatta

M,Steak (i think)

Dessesrt

D,my note taking failed at this point

M, Sweet Temptation A three dessert sampler as It all sounded far too nice.

We also had a cookies and cream ice-cream between us as it was wrongly served to the table and it would have been rude not to try it.

There will be a lack of food pictures as eating is far more important than pictures.

After dinner we took a detour through the gift shops to see what was available before retiring for the night.
DSCN4267.JPG

A short video of the party filmed from next to us

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Thanks for tagging me. :) Oh, this TR looks like fun!! The video of the opening stage show was upbeat, and I really liked the sound of the ship's horn at the end, playing "When You Wish Upon a Star"!! :joyfull:

Glad you and your wife brought along Pluto for the trip--cute photo of him in the stateroom. ;)

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks for tagging me. :) Oh, this TR looks like fun!! The video of the opening stage show was upbeat, and I really liked the sound of the ship's horn at the end, playing "When You Wish Upon a Star"!! :joyfull:

Glad you and your wife brought along Pluto for the trip--cute photo of him in the stateroom. ;)
Yeah . . . About Pluto . . .

He may have got a little lost between the boat and the cruise ship :oops: . So a replacement was scourced once onboard :oops:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom