Fixing up Epcot

Epcot_Imagineer

Original Poster
Ok, looking at Epcot right now, I think it's lacking.

Wonders of Life pavilion - Empty
Ellen's Energy Adventure - Needs some major updating
Journey Into Imagination with Figment - Just needs to be replaced with something WAY better
Circle of Life in The Land - Needs update/replacement

If you can think of some more things needed to be updated/replaced please say so!

What I'm trying to accomplish here, is to make Epcot the former glory it once was, by building new attractions and replacing old ones!

ScorpionX

Ok, looking at Epcot right now, I think it's lacking.

Wonders of Life pavilion - Empty
Ellen's Energy Adventure - Needs some major updating
Journey Into Imagination with Figment - Just needs to be replaced with something WAY better
Circle of Life in The Land - Needs update/replacement

If you can think of some more things needed to be updated/replaced please say so!

What I'm trying to accomplish here, is to make Epcot the former glory it once was, by building new attractions and replacing old ones!
I think Circle of Life is fine as is. On MiceChat, I wrote a script for a revised Ellen's Energy Adventure that brought back the old version's two theme songs. We definitely need to add more countries to the World Showcase.

Epcot_Imagineer

Original Poster
I think Circle of Life is fine as is.

I think the movie is good, it just needs a little touch up, better quality possibly. Link to the script please? And yes, some new countries should be added. The Africa outpost should be replaced with a legitimate pavilion, or as Animal Kingdom is basically an African PARK, replace it with a whole new country.

ScorpionX

Link to the script please?
http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disney-world-resort/144602-epcot-center-gemini-2.html#post1056363651
And yes, some new countries should be added. The Africa outpost should be replaced with a legitimate pavilion, or as Animal Kingdom is basically an African PARK, replace it with a whole new country.
Here some country ideas I have:
  • Israel (between Mexico and Norway)
  • Russia (takes up half of the current Outpost)
  • Greece (takes up half of the current Outpost)
  • Spain (between Germany and Italy)
  • Ireland (between Japan and current Morocco site)
  • South Africa (replacing Morocco)
  • India (between South Africa and France)
  • Brazil (behind the International Gateway)
  • Egypt (between UK and Canada, current Millennium Village site)
I also have an idea for a new version of IllumiNations called IllumiNations: A New World Fantasy. Here is the track listing for the show:
Act I: Introduction
  1. Symphony #5 Movement #1 (Ludwig van Beethoven)
  2. "Flight of the Bumblebee" (Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov)
  3. Zampa Overture First Theme (Ferdinand Herold)
  4. Italian Concerto Movement # 3, First Theme (Johann Sebastian Bach)
  5. William Tell Overture Second Theme (Giachhino Rossini)
Act II: World Showcase
  1. Die Stem van Suid-Afrika (South Africa)
  2. La Vie Parisienne (France)
  3. Marcha Real (Spain)
  4. Days of Emancipation (China)
  5. Hymn to Liberty (Greece)
  6. Amhrán Na BhFiann (Ireland)
  7. Rule Brittania (United Kingdom)
  8. Bilady, Bilady, Bilady (Egypt)
  9. Tales of the Vienna Woods (Germany)
  10. Shalom, Shalom (Israel)
  11. Sakura (Japan)
  12. Jana Gana Mana (India)
  13. The Three Caballeros (Mexico)
  14. State Anthem of the Russian Federation (Russia)
  15. French Canadian Jig Traditional (Canada)
  16. Ja, Vi Elsker Dette Landet (Norway)
  17. Hino Nacional Brasileiro (Brazil)
  18. Funiculi, Funicula (Italy)
  19. Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah (United States)
Act III: Future World
  1. Weather
  2. Innoventions
  3. Imagination
  4. Seas
  5. Land
  6. Energy
  7. Motion
  8. Communication
Act IV: Finale
  1. Carnival Overture Opus 92, First Theme (Antonín Dvořák)
  2. "March of the Toreadors" from Carmen, Prelude to Act 1 (Georges Bizet)
  3. Alla Hornpipe from Water Music Suite, Movement #13 (George F. Handel)
  4. Titan Symphony Symphony #1 in D Major, Movement #1 (Gustav Mahler)
  5. "Ode to Joy" Symphony #9 in D Minor (Choral), Movement #4 (Ludwig van Beethoven)
  6. Prelude to Act III "Lohengrin" (Richard Wagner)
  7. Firebird Suite Finale (Igor Stravinsky)
  8. "Great Gate of Kiev" from Pictures at an Exhibition (Modest Mussorgsky)
  9. We Are the World
  10. When You Wish Upon A Star (Ned Washington)

tink2044

They replaced Figment once before and had to bring him back. People love Figment. I do have to agree Energy needs something. The dinosaurs are the big thing, and then it gets kind of boring. Epcot needs the good music it had when it first opened and then it all disappeared.

JEANYLASER

yeah Journey into Imagination with Figment is so boring! Disney needs to update the Imagination ride and the new 3D movie as well!

goofy donald

Plan of action for Epcot should be:

1) Fix the Imagination Pavilion ASAP!!! first fix the imagination zones and put some new fun stuff in there, then focus on the ride where they are moving in the right direction but they need to keep improving the scenes AA's and other components if they do that they will have a very acceptable ride there, then a new show because quite frankly Captain EO's nostalgia wears off very quickly and it just becomes a mediocre outdated show they need a new 4D imagination show in here, finally after all this is done open up the second floor again with all new top technological exhibits, maybe a turtle talk with crush for figment just to throw an idea out there.

2) world showcase needs a few more rides to soak up guests in the area and increase walkway capacity and 1 or 2 more countries would be lovely. I would say a small japan roller coaster through Mt. Fuji, a UK dark ride through the famous streets of London's literature and film narrated by Mr. Toad and Macbadger, and a Venetian water ride for Italy would be first followed by the inclusion of Jamaica and India as new countries.

3) Update Ellen's energy adventure. A few more realistic AA's, clearer picture on the screens maybe some re-shot pieces here and there and its good as new.

4) Wonders of Life pavilion, if given a huge update, can be very successful. First I would do a new and improved version of cranium command and make it 4D, then I would take out the body wars simulators and put in a big thrills e ticket attraction, I'm thinking indoor roller coaster comparable to Aerosmith where you are in a ship that is shrunk to the size of a pill and kill an infection inside someone this takes up a lot of the pavilions unused space, then make a fairly sizable gift shop / photo pass for the whole area, get rid of the tents and make small viewing areas for old Disney cartoons on living fit and healthy and virtual exercise areas, a few touch ups here and there and open it up again.

5)Make the Millennial Village the new events center to make up for the wonders of life reopening

6) update test track, a little faster, a little less jerky.

just my two cents. I think if Disney did those six things epcot would be great.

Epcot_Imagineer

Original Poster
Plan of action for Epcot should be:

1) Fix the Imagination Pavilion ASAP!!! first fix the imagination zones and put some new fun stuff in there, then focus on the ride where they are moving in the right direction but they need to keep improving the scenes AA's and other components if they do that they will have a very acceptable ride there, then a new show because quite frankly Captain EO's nostalgia wears off very quickly and it just becomes a mediocre outdated show they need a new 4D imagination show in here, finally after all this is done open up the second floor again with all new top technological exhibits, maybe a turtle talk with crush for figment just to throw an idea out there.

2) world showcase needs a few more rides to soak up guests in the area and increase walkway capacity and 1 or 2 more countries would be lovely. I would say a small japan roller coaster through Mt. Fuji, a UK dark ride through the famous streets of London's literature and film narrated by Mr. Toad and Macbadger, and a Venetian water ride for Italy would be first followed by the inclusion of Jamaica and India as new countries.

3) Update Ellen's energy adventure. A few more realistic AA's, clearer picture on the screens maybe some re-shot pieces here and there and its good as new.

4) Wonders of Life pavilion, if given a huge update, can be very successful. First I would do a new and improved version of cranium command and make it 4D, then I would take out the body wars simulators and put in a big thrills e ticket attraction, I'm thinking indoor roller coaster comparable to Aerosmith where you are in a ship that is shrunk to the size of a pill and kill an infection inside someone this takes up a lot of the pavilions unused space, then make a fairly sizable gift shop / photo pass for the whole area, get rid of the tents and make small viewing areas for old Disney cartoons on living fit and healthy and virtual exercise areas, a few touch ups here and there and open it up again.

5)Make the Millennial Village the new events center to make up for the wonders of life reopening

6) update test track, a little faster, a little less jerky.

just my two cents. I think if Disney did those six things epcot would be great.

Those are some really great ideas, but I don't think an interactive talk with figment would really take off. I'm not saying I don't like the idea, but I think only a few kids know figment and the rest wouldn't care much for an interactive talk/show with him.

goofy donald

Those are some really great ideas, but I don't think an interactive talk with figment would really take off. I'm not saying I don't like the idea, but I think only a few kids know figment and the rest wouldn't care much for an interactive talk/show with him.

Yeah i can understand that, I just kind of thought of it on the spot in about 15 minutes and hoped it worked. For the top floor i think if they kept the instruments with updated technology, put in a kind of mini theater kids show with some sort of figment presence, and a few other small interactive zones with maybe a small retail area or imagination food stand where people get to make crazy food combinations using their imagination.

comics101

Maybe instead of making it a seperate attraction, include it in the queue, so that Figment interacts with guests while they're waiting in line...

Epcot_Imagineer

Original Poster
Maybe instead of making it a seperate attraction, include it in the queue, so that Figment interacts with guests while they're waiting in line...

Ohhhh, that's a good idea, I think that would work! And goofy donald, I like the food court idea! Maybe incorporate World Showcase, have a little food from each country, and yes, refurbishing the instruments would be money well spent! It would keep guests entertained and it might loosen up some queue lines at other attractions.

Jakester

My Epcot ReHab

If i could fix up Epcot,
For Future World,
*Id remove figment from the imagination ride, redo the pavillion and allow the upstairs access again (its still there)
*Id update soarin by either new projectors or new ride film (or a combo of both),
*For the Universe of Energy, Return it to original (with newer AAs)
*The Pavillion that housed Body Wars(Cannot remember pavillion name), id bring back the pavillion as it was a long time ago.
*For Innoventions, id keep it as it is, but make some kind of show (or reopen) the closed areas of it.

For World Showcase,
*Id add a nice lil C or D Ticket ride to the pavillions currently Rideless (Excluding The American Pavillion, the Show is amazing)
*I dont like the idea of Brazil comming to Epcot (Belongs more in AK as South America)
*Id add 2 new countries (1 would be include a brand new E-Ticket ride similar to the Matterhorn)

Entertainment wise, Illuminations is a great show, But Epcot lacks something Mk, DHS, and AK do, A Parade. A Day parade could run around World Showcase and be something similar to the old parade that ran in 1999-2000(Cannot remember the parades name)

goofy donald

If i could fix up Epcot,
For Future World,
*Id remove figment from the imagination ride, redo the pavillion and allow the upstairs access again (its still there)
*Id update soarin by either new projectors or new ride film (or a combo of both),
*For the Universe of Energy, Return it to original (with newer AAs)
*The Pavillion that housed Body Wars(Cannot remember pavillion name), id bring back the pavillion as it was a long time ago.
*For Innoventions, id keep it as it is, but make some kind of show (or reopen) the closed areas of it.

For World Showcase,
*Id add a nice lil C or D Ticket ride to the pavillions currently Rideless (Excluding The American Pavillion, the Show is amazing)
*I dont like the idea of Brazil comming to Epcot (Belongs more in AK as South America)
*Id add 2 new countries (1 would be include a brand new E-Ticket ride similar to the Matterhorn)

Entertainment wise, Illuminations is a great show, But Epcot lacks something Mk, DHS, and AK do, A Parade. A Day parade could run around World Showcase and be something similar to the old parade that ran in 1999-2000(Cannot remember the parades name)

Future world:
- with removing Figment from that ride I think you make a mistake. He is essentially the mascot for the pavilion and he is vital to its success. They already tried removing him and look what happened. but yes I agree a total overhaul of the pavilion is required, new movie, new upper floor, new ride, and new shop and QSD / snack place in that order.
- I agree that eventually Soarin' will need that update but I would save that for very last. why update your most popular ride when you have so many glaring issues to deal with first.
- I dont think returning to the original would be the best idea. I think the success of the ride currently is based on the fun educational pairing of Ellen and Bill Nye, if they could update the AA's and the current film, adding a few more modern bits from the actors today, that would increase the rides success two fold.
- the wonders of life pavilion is never ever coming back in its original form. the rides have been disassembled for their parts, the main gathering area has been reconfigured, even the dna strand is gone from outside. If WOL comes back as I hope it does, it will be all new and like nothing seen in the past at Disney.
- Well unfortunately you cant really reopen the closed areas as they are backed by the companies that promoted a product placed in the entertainment of the area. therefore i feel the best solution is to simply find new sponsors for the area to create fun futuristic zones to entertain guests.

World Showcase:
- well I agree and disagree on this point. I feel out of the currently rideless pavilions (China, Germany, Italy, Japan, Morocco, France, UK, and Canada) some need rides while others are alright without them. World showcase is about the experience not the rides. To start from back to front, Canada doesn't need a ride and has little to no space for it. They have arguably the best circle vision movie now after the update, and wonderful scenery and entertainment. UK I think would be the first prime place for a ride. Its got the space and many great topics to focus on and a long history to journey through for a great dark ride. France again like Canada has a wonderful circle vision movie, not quite on the same level but still great, and not a lot of ride room to expand into without ruining the lovely scenery. Any project in Morocco would have to be accepted by the royal family which I doubt would be a prospect Disney would be interested in venturing into right now. Japan could use a ride however no dragon roller coaster as any e-ticket, especially a loud outdoors one would be an abomination to the WS. another dark ride or maybe an Omnimover would be best for a journey through Japanese legend. *love that idea :D*. Italy already built a ride building for an indoor gondella ride so that could be completed for that land. Germany I'm not entirely sure about a ride for, I think a circle vision movie with a popular german actor narrating (similar to the Canadian show's style) would be the way to go there. finally for china I think it should be left with its circle vision movie, I fear any ride made here would be mixed somehow with Mulan bringing up a second nono of mixing characters into WS (Mexico is the one obvious exception and it was still a bid risk they happened to pull off). So to recap, the only pavilions that should receive rides were; UK, Japan, Italy and a circle vision for Germany.
- I think that someone from SA has to be represented in the world showcase and its vital that it is. Brazil is the primary contender simply because it is the wealthiest and most successful of all those nations and very up and coming. SA can still be represented at AK through a more rural part of brazil or one of the several other rainforested countries containing relatively the same ecosystems i.e. guyana, columbia, paraguay, parts of peru, etc.
- I agree more countries should be added, examples would be one of brazil, argentina, or peru, then after that either India, New Zealand (leaving Australia for AK), Spain, South Africa, and or Russia. but dear god never, ever a Matterhorn in the world showcase period e-tickets should be forbidden from this part of the park, this area is for education on new places in the world, not thrill rides.

Finally that last point on a parade, there is a reason its not around anymore. Quite simply the pathway's there can get quite congested already without a huge parade going through there a couple times a day, it would be a traffic DISASTER. Epcot just wasn't built with parades in mind.
Sorry for being so longwinded, just my 2 cents :).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom