Fixing MyMagic+ and FastPass+

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
Here is a new discussion thread for members to discuss their ideas for fixing the problems associated with the NextGen project at WDW to make it more convenient. Discuss...

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
First, I would make the RFID available in the following forms to be chosen at purchase.
-MagicBand
-MagicLanyard (necklace with rubber-y dog tag like object at the end)
-MagicTab (thick, card-like object made of rubber-y MagicBand-like material/can be attached to pin lanyard)
-MagicCard (similar to KttW but with RFID)
-MagicRing (rubber-y object on plastic, adjustable ring)
I would also add small, convenient turnstiles at entrance to prevent unticketed entrances (maybe not, IDK).

To change FastPass plus, I would first and foremost add new rides and shows to the other parks to draw crowds away from the MK and allowing rides not needing FP (HM, all m&gs, BoG, etc.) To be removed from the list. I would also make it more similar to the legacy GO. Day guests would only be able to get one FP every hour. Guests staying at Disney resorts would be able to book a new FP every 15 minutes. There would be no limit to the amount of FastPasses one could get in the whole day. Also, most if not all of the former locations of legacy FP dispensers would become FP+ kiosk hubs, to disperse the crowds at them. I am one who is against adding screens to the MB, because many many people have smart phones and there is usually at least one in each group, but there would also be many kiosks around the parks. To make it easier to tie MBs and such to the MDE app, a new coded chip would be added to the card so that a guest needs only to take a picture with his or her smartphone and the app would recognize it, and you could go right to the options for that MB (FP, reservations, etc.).

Eventually, I would roll this out to all parks around the world

Voxel

President of Progress City
I would allow more magic band items for different customer needs though I wouldn't be surprised if Disney is actually planning this. I would keep the FastPass system the way it is but, provide one FP+ to each group staying on the property it allows the family to have the ONE item they all really wanted to do promised to them.

MonorailRed

Applebees
-MagicTab (thick, card-like object made of rubber-y MagicBand-like material/can be attached to pin lanyard)

Brillant!

I'd seriously play the "Extra Benefits" Card for My Magic Plus. Make it Important, Somehow. Not taking away from other things, but making it better then the other options.

What'd really be cool is if you could have it so you could Scan stuff and it uploads on your phone or something. Like, if your debating on different Souvenirs around the world. Scan them, then you can review them for later. Scan an item on a Menu, tells more about the item, Scan something at the Park or map, get a summary about it, ect.

Voxel

President of Progress City
Brillant!

I'd seriously play the "Extra Benefits" Card for My Magic Plus. Make it Important, Somehow. Not taking away from other things, but making it better then the other options.

What'd really be cool is if you could have it so you could Scan stuff and it uploads on your phone or something. Like, if your debating on different Souvenirs around the world. Scan them, then you can review them for later. Scan an item on a Menu, tells more about the item, Scan something at the Park or map, get a summary about it, ect.
A WISHLIST EVEN!!!! For family traveling with you!

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
That would make things a lot simpler too. Everything from maps to menus could be basic symbols that you could scan for full info. Awesome!

Zweiland

First, I would make the RFID available in the following forms to be chosen at purchase.
-MagicBand
These are good, but what if the MagicBand was turned into a chip in a sticker that could be put on anything? Imagine the possibilities? We could have the MagicShirt, the MagicSocks, the MagicUndies... okay, I won't go there. But seriously, that could be a convenient option.

Personally, I would keep something similar to the old FP system, but without the paper. You would still be able only to choose 1 FP at a time. Resort guests would have the option of selecting a FP beforehand from a kiosk in the resort that has FPs for all the rides in a park. On the MagicChip, there would be a tiny screen that displayed the time and ride for your next FP.

Brillant!

Nice ideas, I'm incorporating them into this solution.
Add a Camera Feature where you can add your own pictures and videos and send them to friends and family.
This might be too creepy for me. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom