fishing at the POR

Rodb

Original Poster
Has anybody tried to fish at the fishing hole while staying at this resort. I have been there twice, but never got around to trying it, but was wondering if my kids might like to try it the next time we go back? They don't have the best patience, so i would be curious about others experiences

Wags14

We tried it a few years back, it was fun and my son really enjoyed it. The fish were small but they were biting, so it kept his interest and patience. The pole you rent was unique and cool. Definitely worth trying. Bring some drinks and snacks with you in case they get a bit antsy.

Ali Mouse

We had fun for about an hour- kinda cool. My husband caught a fish about the size of my hand. I will always have a funny picture of his great catch!

DizneyPryncess

I've never done it, but a friend of mine took her 2 sons. They all loved it! She said they caught fish, but never said how big. She just said it was one of their favorite parts of their trip, and she'd definitely do it again. :)

Rodb

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies. I was hoping that there were bigger fish or more of a reason to try it.

BigRedDad

We did it and nothing was biting. It was more out of necessity than want. I needed to be on an extremely important call with work. I don't like my daughter in the pool without me watching (I know there are lifeguards). So I had to find a quiet enough place where she could do something and I could be on with work. This worked out best. She had fun trying, it was peaceful, and I was able to get my work done on the call. The CM was nice enough to help her and didn't charge us because nothing was biting.

Rodb

Original Poster
Never even got a bite, but had a great time with my 4yr old girl doing it, she still brings it up

that was my thought. probably a good time for the younger kids, but the tweens might be bored with this.

Thank you

Dog Ate Mouse

Yes I have done it with the DW many times. You are using a cane pole and worms. One thing no one mentioned, If you want to catch fish, go the very first minute in the early AM that the pond opens up for cane pole fishing. The fish are hungry and ready to eat. If you go later in the morning the fish have gotten fed pretty well and randomly will eat here and there. The afternoon is much slower because they really have their bellies full of worms.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom