First visit for boyfriend

AprilAK

Hi,

I'm visiting the world next week and this will be my boyfriend's first visit. I have been a few times before, but going with someone that has never been before is quite exciting. Any ideas for must-do's on our visit? Anything new to look out for? The best places to eat as a couple etc.

Thanks,
April :)

AprilAK

Original Poster
Yh, I realized that with no reservations we may be a little limited, however is there anything you'd recommend that we check out?, for example good viewing places for fireworks (he loves fireworks, so I know he'll love the night time entertainment) :)

Upvote 0

Chernaboggles

Yh, I realized that with no reservations we may be a little limited, however is there anything you'd recommend that we check out?, for example good viewing places for fireworks (he loves fireworks, so I know he'll love the night time entertainment) :)

Meals:
Actually, you should be okay, given when you're going. Most of the kids are headed back to school and crowds are much lower now, The crowd calendar for the next few weeks looks the same as when we go in winter, and we never make ADRs more than day or two in advance. I just did a quick search for a random date next week and turned up lots of open tables, so definitely go check out the Disney dining reservations site. Epcot is our favorite for dining. We like to do quick service dinner (Tangerine Cafe is a favorite) and then wander World Showcase, then get a dessert somewhere else (usually France) and watch IllumiNations. For table service, there are many great options over there, keep doing searches and be ready to pounce on a reservation you like.

Fireworks:
We like to watch from behind the castle, in the area with the carousel, (looking towards the back of the castle). It's fun because a lot of the fireworks explode right over your head. Another fireworks spot we like is behind the castle, past the carousel and, through the gateway to Fantasy Land so that you're looking at Beast's Castle. If he's never seen Wishes, though, it's nice if you can watch it from the front (facing Cinderella's Castle) at least once, since that's how it's meant to be viewed.

Upvote 0

AprilAK

Original Poster
Thank you so much for your responses, can you book reservations on the my experience app? I've not been in September before and gutted I'm going to miss the Halloween events. Also, I've noticed it's labour day whilst we're over, is this usually a busy holiday? We're travelling from the UK and can't wait :-D

Trying to find something nice to suprise him with whilst we're there, and thinking dinner at a sit down restaurant would be good, he was originally just excited for universal, but me being a big disney lover, convinced him Disney World is amazing, so I really need to show him the best bits.

I, myself love the world showcase at Epcot, I love experiencing the different cultures within walking distance of each other, I'm hoping he enjoys this too.

I need to prep him for the heat, as he's not into the hot weather, I'll have to introduce him to the lovely air conditioned shops :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom