First Trip Finally!

12_Ears_Dad

Original Poster
We just booked our Orlando Disney vacation home for 7/11/2015-7/18/2015

We've been trying to go for years, but this is the first time everything has come together for our family of now 8. (2adults/6kids)

Staying on property would have been nice- but way out of budget with our family size. And there are advantages to staying in s rental house too.

Just looking for any advice for those who have gone with alot of kids. Ages 1-13.

Last edited:

skishlee

No advice but hope you have a fabulous time! I am heading to WDW for the first time with my husband next year (no kids yet) and can't wait! It'll be my first trip outside of Australia.

belledream

Traveled with my cousins as a party of 10 multiple times growing up so from the child's perspective, I'd say don't be afraid to split up and go on rides that certain groups would much prefer over others! Also during the planning stages, get the kids together and show them options on food and get opinions. Sometimes for us, the best family memories occurred at dinner and not on the rides.

As the adult, I'd say be absolutely sure to make any dining reservations you want at 180 days out. There won't be many tables for 8 on a last minute notice. Also, this will help ensure that the restaurant is prepared for your party's arrival, and being such a big group, you might have an awesome seating area to yourselves that you will feel like VIPs!

Have a wonderful time planning and of course, experiencing Disney for the first time!

Disneydreamer23

I went with my DD 16 months at the time and she loved it. All those ages will love Animal Kingdom they have a play area called the BONE YARD. My dd loved it!! Enjoy your trip!!!
121.JPG
This is one part of the bone yard, they can dig up fossils!

CAPTAIN HOOK

Just mainly how to do the parks with such a wide age range and a week time limit
Plan it carefully !!!

Sit down with the kids that can have a say in what you do (some will be too young) and sort out with them - which parks (and for how long), which rides / attractions everyone wants to experience, and, where you want to eat. You don't say whether you have the Hopper option on your tickets so I'd work around two days in MK, two in EPCOT, one in DHS and up to one day in AK (use the remainder of this day at DownTown Disney).
You can book any Table Serve restaurants at 180 days out - I'd recommend at least one Character meal. Breakfast at Crystal Palace in MK is our favourite. Fast Pass can be booked from 30 days out.

You've got plenty of time to plan - make the most of it

12_Ears_Dad

Original Poster
Yes, plenty of time to plan but it will b go quickly. We are trying to decide if we would want to do 6 day park hopper or 6 day base with waterfun and more. Are the Warparks and other Disney attractions worth it, orc with only seven days should wev just focus on the main theme parks ?

Weather_Lady

Yes, plenty of time to plan but it will b go quickly. We are trying to decide if we would want to do 6 day park hopper or 6 day base with waterfun and more. Are the Warparks and other Disney attractions worth it, orc with only seven days should wev just focus on the main theme parks ?

I think it depends. My family loves waterparks, but we have an excellent one near home. We have nothing like WDW at home, so we've never considered it worth it to "waste" a precious Disney day on the waterparks. Maybe if we had 10 days or more we would, but not with our typical 5-6 days. If your family is really into waterparks (or has no interest in one or more of the main parks and wants to skip them), however, it might be worth it to you. If you opt not to visit the waterparks, you certainly won't have any trouble filling a week (or more) with just the four "main" Disney parks and still not seeing everything those four parks have to offer. :)

woodardfamily

I think a base ticket with water park option would be a better choice. Both water parks have excellent areas for smaller children. Blizzard beach has a preferable wave pool for my 6 year old. She does not like the larger waves at Typhoon Lagoon.

Stay hydrated (quick service always offer free cups of ice water) and take your time. It is okay not to do everything. When my kids were smaller we tried to get to the parks earlier and then we could go back to our condo for a much deserved rest/nap. We were able to enjoy the rest of the day after having a rest.

For the smaller children riding a stroller, be mindful of where you park them (make sure you park them in designated ares) and understand that CM's often arrange them while you are away in order to make space for more. So if your stroller isn't where you left it, don't freak out! Lol.

Also, frequent this section of the forum often. There will be many other threads asking the same questions you may ask.

Plan well and I hope you all have a super time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom