First timer with kids

Fantasia2017

Original Poster
hi everyone! I posted some of these questions on one of the other boards and one of the posters mentioned I should ask my questions here- since it pertains to kids.

1- is bibbity Bobbity boutique worth it? My daughter is 7 and would love to be made up as a princess. (Honestly, I'd like to be made over too )

2- I think we need to rent a stroller. My son is 3 and as I mentioned above, my daughter is 7. What are the general thoughts on this?

3- How do we get to the park since we are not staying on the Disney property? Uber, lyft? Do we need car seats/booster seats? Do the car services provide them? Do I bring them on the plane?

Thanks so much! We are so excited to bring our kids there!!

Marianm

1- This will be my first time doing BBB, so I don't have any prior experience. But my daughter is turning 4 so it's like her bday gift.

2-YES I would absolutely get a stroller. I hate strollers but my kids can't even get through a shopping trip at the mall without one.

3- we only ever stay onsite so I don't know.. maybe call wherever your staying and ask?

RememberWhen

1- I don't know. It seems really expensive, but if your kid is into it and you have the money, go for it. I do know a lot of people bring their own costumes and/or something more comfortable for the kiddo to change into later in the day. It's also probably a good idea to do BBB early in the day.
2- Yes, but I would rent a single stroller and not from Disney. I think we used Kingdom Strollers last time and it was great. I assume they would deliver to an off-site hotel.
3- We stay on property, so these are speculations: You do need car seats. I wouldn't bring them on the plane unless you're renting a car. If you are, then that's simple. If not, I think some of the uber or lift cars have car seats, but they cost more. Renting a car would probably be the easiest option.

Souvenir

1- I think 7 is a perfect age for BBB. I know that a lot of people take the less expensive option of doing it themselves in their hotel room, and I'm sure the children enjoy it, but I think that going to BBB for the full experience is a huge step up.

2- Does your 3 year old stay in a stroller normally? At Disney I often see children who look like they're 8 or older in strollers, which personally seems ridiculous to me, but to each his own. My children preferred to walk by age 3 and I'd end up pushing an empty stroller. You should decide based on what is normal for your child when you go on long outings.

3- I've only ever used the Mears taxi service at Disney. They will provide car seats if you ask for them when you request the car. I'm fairly certain there's no charge.

correcaminos

1. No girls so only watched others do it. Looks really cute for a 7yo girl.

2. are you flying or driving? If flying I still suggest a stroller for the airport but something like a throwaway like this
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EL9QNME/ref=sxr_srecs_prc_8_a_it?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=3149131442&pd_rd_wg=uxxDr&pf_rd_r=N77F5N6D5MV81D61N6SH&pf_rd_s=desktop-rhs-carousels&pf_rd_t=301&pd_rd_i=B01EL9QNME&pd_rd_w=uswUe&pf_rd_i=kolcraft+stroller&pd_rd_r=95R47B6J2HXF98VSM3W0&ie=UTF8&qid=1502578823&sr=8&th=1

Cheaper than renting, gets you through the airport easier, and has storage and cup holders. Folds very small to take on buses and such. We had a 'throwaway' that we used for 4 years and then finally donated (was totally fine). 5 was our limit with strollers. At 3 the stroller was useful for carrying extra stuff and if we had a long walk at the end of the day. We were staying onsite where we walked to a park though then. I do think it's okay to have one for that age.

3. Uber offers car seats as an option. The 7yo will not need one but the 3yo will need a seat/booster. It is an extra cost but a specific request with Uber. Lyft does not offer this yet in Orlando last time I looked (not long ago).

kimberlymautz

1) BBB would be adorable for a 7 year old that loves princesses! My daughter isn't too into princesses so I wouldn't want to spend the money on it, she's more of a Tom boy, but I know my nieces, total girly girls, loved it!

2) I would definitely bring or rent a stroller. We went in September with my daughter (5) and niece (2, almost 3) and we brought an umbrella stroller with us that I think we paid $25 for. We kept my niece in it quite a bit, but only because she can be a runner when she's really excited. My daughter only used it twice, once was after MNSSHP because it was 11:30pm (and WAY after bedtime) and she was exhausted. It was much easier to carry the 2 year old then the 5 year old. Haha. And the other was because she started to get dehydrated and wasn't feeling good. But at the very least we used it to carry all of our stuff. I'd suggest bringing one with you to save the money, but if not I've heard great things about Kingdom Strollers.

3) Are you staying at another hotel or renting a house? Many other hotels in the area offer complimentary or inexpensive transportation to and from the parks. If your renting I'd suggest even looking into renting a car. When we did a price comparison we saw that it'd be cheaper to rent a car for the week, even with paying for parking, then taking Uber. And having our own car would be awesome as we could use it to go to the store or visit places off Disney property should we choose to.

Have a great trip!

Weather_Lady

Question 1 -

By all means, if she wants to do BBB and the price isn't prohibitive on your budget, go ahead and do it. If she has a princess dress from home, you'll save a lot by bringing it for her to wear and purchasing one of the less-intensive hair and makeup packages. If you plan on walking around before/after, I suggest keeping an extra change of clothes for her, as well as some comfortable footwear (my daughter's pink Tevas looked cute with her Aurora gown), with you. One thing I saw a lot of during our first Disney trip was: miserable little girls in cute princess dresses and plastic high heels, tripping, stumbling and limping around the parks, because they hadn't brought anything more practical to slip into when the "magic" of the heels turned to blisters.

Question 2 -

If your kids are in good health, and particularly if you're not planning to tour from sunup to sundown (that is, if you plan to take a nap break each afternoon, which I highly recommend), then I would consider renting a single stroller (or bringing a cheap umbrella stroller) for the 3-year-old. A typical 7-year-old shouldn't need one.

Just for comparison, my children, who are of average fitness and probably above-average energy, were 4 1/2 years old (my daughter) and 6 years old (my son) for their first WDW trip, and both did just fine with no stroller, even though we were trekking several miles in the course of a day. We did take a break every afternoon during which the whole family took a 1-2 hour nap, which I think helped immensely. We also carefully planned touring itineraries that allowed us to thoroughly cover every park and visit every headliner by working on just one land (or two adjacent lands) at a time, so we weren't criss-crossing the parks unnecessarily.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom