Pre-Trip First Timer - Super Excited

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the boards and this is our first trip to Disney World. The boards have been so helpful! I have been a Disney fan for years and years but never had the opportunity to go on a Disney vacation (my parents weren't into it). Super excited that the time has finally come!

When: February 24 - March 3, 2014 (10 days and counting)
Who: Myself, LJ and Daughter Maddie, age 10
Where: 8 days / 7 nights at AOA, Little Mermaid

We are not into "thrill" rides so please keep that in mind when viewing our plans.

Our plans:
Day 1
Check into AOA around 11 am (super happy we got an early direct flight on Southwest)
Head to Magic Kingdom (FP+ Under the Sea, Winnie the Pooh and Enchanted Tales with Belle)
Dinner at The Crystal Palace
Main Street Electrical Parade and Wishes

Day 2
Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure (Huge Harry Potter fans!)

Day 3
Magic Kingdom for rope drop (FP+ Small World, Haunted Mansion and Space Ranger Spin)
Dinner at Be Our Guest
Early night

Day 4
Epcot (FP+ Spaceship Earth, The Seas with Nemo and Illuminations)
Dinner at Via Napoli

Day 5
Hollywood Studios (FP+ Toy Story, Great Movie Ride and Voyage of The Little Mermaid)
Dinner at 50's Prime Time Café
Fantasmic

Day 6
Animal Kingdom (FP+ Safari, Meet Characters and Finding Nemo)
Dinner at Raglan Road and shopping at DTD

Day 7
Magic Kingdom - Evening EMH (FP+ Peter Pan, Mad Tea Party and Pirates)
Early Dinner at Beaches and Cream
Wishes

Day 8
Catch DME to MCO, heading home

We are super excited!

ratherbeinwdw

I really recommend you try Soarin'. It's one of the best rides in EPCOT. I'm a chicken with a bad back, and it's one of my favorite rides. When they had legacy fastpass, we would get there for early hours, ride Soarin', eat at Sunshine Seasons, ride The Land, grab a fastpass for Soarin', go ride Test Track, come back and do Soarin' again, and grab another fastpass for later in the afternoon. Can't do that now, but I just wanted you to know how much I love Soarin'. My daughter wouldn't get a second fastpass for Soarin'. She would get hers for TT. Twice in one morning was enough for her.

officialtom

You're going to have the time of your life. It's turning into an annual tradition for just my mom and me (yes I'm 25, and yes we get along great and have a blast). We haven't been to AOA but I'm sure it's gorgeous like the rest of the resorts. We're yet to be disappointed with anything. Disney treats us like royalty, the resorts are beautiful, the restaurants are top-notch, and the parks are more magical that you'll ever have imagined. Have fun!

Tink0102

Have a great time! Your plans look good. I second the Soarin suggestion. It is a fabulous ride....not a thrill ride at all.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Your plans look great! Much better than my first time planning my trip. LOL

My fiance is not into thrill rides either but he can handle almost every ride at Disney, except Rock'n Rollercoaster, Tower of Terror, and Expedition Everest.
He does do Space Mountain & Splash Mountain occasionally when he gets up the courage but not every trip.

I definitely agree you should try Soarin' and even give Test Track and Mission Space (Green Side; Tame Side) a try. They are all pretty fun and mild. Plus Space Earth & Illuminations almost never require FP.

Also, you may want to give the Jungle Cruise & Dumbo a try! Lately the Jungle Cruise has been seeing higher than average waits, so FP+ might be recommended.

Also, from experience 8 days straight in parks can be very tiring, make sure to get some rest mid day or sleep in a little.

disneyfirstLJ

Original Poster
A slight change in plans. We decided to not do Universal this trip and concentrate on Disney.

Day 2
Sleep In (after travel day)
Epcot
Dinner at Splitsville in DTD (my daughter really wants to go bowling)

We are planning on taking breaks during the day and our Hollywood Studios day (Day 5) will be another sleep in morning. I will look into adding Jungle Cruise to the FP+ list, maybe replacing Mad Tea Party.

Thanks for all the other suggestions.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Welcome!

Everything (except for that Day 8) looks perfect.

You planned like a veteran.

If you are big HP fans don't hold off on Universal too long.
We never it made it part of our trips until they finished WWoHP and when we finally went it was amazing and worth a day away from WDW.

With that being said...Next year, when Diagon Alley is complete you can plan on 2 days at Universal.

Have fun and I'm looking forward to the TR.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom