First timer- Many Questions

LeafsFanNL

Hi,

We were there last July for four nights. It can be done in a busy day. just a couple of tips come to mind.

Don't miss Big Thunder. Probably our favourite in DLP itself.

Our sleeper hit in the Studios was CineMagique. Just loved it. We were lucky enough to experience a soft opening of the whole Ratatouille ride and area. Ate at Bistrot Chez Remy which also had a soft opening. Food was great, but expensive.

On that note, we were seriously disappointed with Blue Lagoon, Walt's, the steakhouse in the Village and Cafe Mickeys. Think Shutters or Boatwrights. We did like Annettes, and the counter service was fine.

If you have any questions, ask away

DocAlan02

My wife and I will be in Paris in July to celebrate our 10th anniversary and will be spending a day at DLP. I really appreciate all of this information!

Tinkerkelle

6: try a target if you will have a car or go to A hotel with suites in it because then they will have a big snack shop:)

You do not want to drive in Paris!! :jawdrop:;) We stood by the Arc De Triomphe, which is pretty much set in the middle of a giant roundabout, and it was CRAZY!! Every car you pass in Paris has dents.

Hi,

Don't miss Big Thunder. Probably our favourite in DLP itself.

we were seriously disappointed with Blue Lagoon, Walt's, the steakhouse in the Village and Cafe Mickeys. Think Shutters or Boatwrights. We did like Annettes, and the counter service was fine.

QUOTE]

BTM is ace as is Phantom Manor. Shame about Blue Lagoon. We loved it, especially watching the boats pass by. Cafe Mickey food was ok but we were seated upstairs with only 5 other tables and atmosphere was non existant.

Princess A

I second the driving thing... there appear to be no lanes, therefore no rules! :eek: We are planning a trip to DLP for next October. Love love love it. I actually prefer the Disneyland Park to the Magic Kingdom... :oops: Phantom Manor is my all-time favourite ride and I was a little underwhelmed with Haunted Mansion. Also my Godmother's husband produced the stained glass for Sleeping Beauty's castle, so we have a little bias. :p Enjoy your trip!

CrescentLake

Original Poster
Quick Update time! We're just one week away from when I leave for Paris! I convinced my friend to come with me to Disneyland, so I had to modify the plans a bit. She has never been to a Disney park before, so this is huge! We'll be hitting Disneyland Paris on Wednesday, the 24th!

The plan is to hit Disney Studios first at rope drop and rush to Crush. We'll then shoot over to Rat, do a short loop around the park to see the sights, and then head to Disneyland. From there, we will probably start with Thunder Mountain or Phantom Manor, and then just loop around the Park. I want to spend time near the Castle and at rides that we don't have in WDW. We'll stay for Dreams, and then head back to my friend's apartment. Thank you to all for your help!

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Quick Update time! We're just one week away from when I leave for Paris! I convinced my friend to come with me, so I had to modify the plans a bit. She has never been to a Disney park before, so this is huge! We'll be hitting Disneyland Paris on Wednesday, the 24th!

The plan is to hit Disney Studios first at rope drop and rush to Crush. We'll then shoot over to Rat, do a short loop around the park to see the sights, and then head to Disneyland. From there, we will probably start with Thunder Mountain or Phantom Manor, and then just loop around the Park. I want to spend time near the Castle and at rides that we don't have in WDW. We'll stay for Dreams, and then head back to my friend's apartment. Thank you to all for your help!

I will miss you by a day we arrive the 25th. Have fun! au revior! (I hope I spelled that right!)

CrescentLake

Original Poster
Thanks! Have a wonderful trip!

My last question: I think on the 24th I can get away with the middle tiered "Magic" ticket. Am I correct?

HolleBolleGijs

CrescentLake

Original Poster
Just wanted to follow up with you all!

No exaggeration, Disneyland Paris was one of the best days of my entire life. Now before you think I am crazy for saying that, it was largely because of the company. I was able to take a girl on an all day Disney date, and it was her very first time at a Disney park. She LOVED it, so much so, she caught the bug and has been lurking on these forums since I got back.

Quick thoughts:
  1. Studios Park was not as bad as everyone says it is. Yes, it desperately needs some placemaking but I felt like it was oddly pleasant. Not great, and clearly the worst Disney Park I have ever been to, but it had a certain charm to it. I really enjoyed Rat, but did not make it on Crush. We went on the Rockin Roller Coaster, though I much preferred the Hollywood Studios version. Honestly, we stayed about an hour and only did those two attractions. I would have spent more time if I had more than one day, but I was on a mission to see Disneyland.
  2. Disneyland was beautiful. The landscaping and design that went into the park were incredible to see. The maintenance issues though are real, and they really made me appreciate WDW. I am glad Disney is investing in this park because to see the chipped paint and rust and overall neglect everywhere was even more upsetting because the park could be the absolute crown jewel of Disney at its best. There also seemed like a lot less to do than I had anticipated.
  3. Disneyland Paris's castle is the best, bar none. The Dragon is also incredible.
  4. Loved Phantom Manor and Big Thunder Mountain, both of which I preferred to their WDW counterparts.
  5. LOVED Pirates and Buzz Lightyear, both of which I preferred to their WDW counterparts.
  6. Alice Maze and Pinocchio ride were decent
  7. Storybook land boats/Casey Junior were fun diversions but suffered from a lack of maintenance, same with the Railroad around the park.
  8. Food was a train wreck. Did not find one good thing other than ice cream and a nutella brioche. This was the most disappointing part of Disneyland for me.
  9. Dreams was beautiful. I was underwhelmed by the pyro but blown away by the projections and fountains. It made both the girl I was with and I cry.
  10. Loved the main street arcades!
Overall, I loved it! I really want to come back some day and properly explore, maybe a 3 day stay so that I can see it all!

Oh and Paris itself was breathtaking, clearly a city that everyone must experience once in their lives. Very special.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom