First Time Vacation

Kfish1995

Hey everybody!

I've been to Disney World 3 times so far, but I'm taking my soon-to-be wife in November, and that'll be her first time ever! She's a huge Disney fan, but her family was never able to go when she was a kid. So my question is... What are some ideas that can make her first trip as magical as possible?

Tinkerbell397

First....Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!
-For a special evening.....try the Tiffin's/River of Light's dinner package at The Animal Kingdom. The food and service at Tiffin's is wonderful and preferred seating at River of Lights is a bonus.
-We had our 37th Wedding Anniversary dinner at Citroco's. It was wonderful and my kids prepaid the prosecco and the meal. The prosecco was chilling at the table when we arrived. You can call and arrange that....it was a nice touch.
-If your hotel offers Movie on the Beach night....do it.....it's fun and feels like an old drive-in.
-DInner at Chef's de France is always very nice....be sure to try the Creme de Brulle. It is like eating velvet!
-Just wandering though World Showcase is very nice and can be romantic. Buy something very nice for your home at one of the countries.
-An evening boat ride to Wilderness lodge for dinner at Artist Point is wonderful. You can catch the boat from The MK or the Contemporary Resort.
Hope this helps. Be sure to tell them that it is a special dinner when making reservations.
Have a Magical Trip! :cat:

Upvote 0

Kfish1995

Original Poster
First....Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!
-For a special evening.....try the Tiffin's/River of Light's dinner package at The Animal Kingdom. The food and service at Tiffin's is wonderful and preferred seating at River of Lights is a bonus.
-We had our 37th Wedding Anniversary dinner at Citroco's. It was wonderful and my kids prepaid the prosecco and the meal. The prosecco was chilling at the table when we arrived. You can call and arrange that....it was a nice touch.
-If your hotel offers Movie on the Beach night....do it.....it's fun and feels like an old drive-in.
-DInner at Chef's de France is always very nice....be sure to try the Creme de Brulle. It is like eating velvet!
-Just wandering though World Showcase is very nice and can be romantic. Buy something very nice for your home at one of the countries.
-An evening boat ride to Wilderness lodge for dinner at Artist Point is wonderful. You can catch the boat from The MK or the Contemporary Resort.
Hope this helps. Be sure to tell them that it is a special dinner when making reservations.
Have a Magical Trip! :cat:
Thank you very much! I like the dinner ideas, nothing beats a romantic evening. I'll definitely have to check out that boat ride to Wilderness Lodge, that sounds great

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

Congrats on your impending nuptials and for her first Disney trip!

The absolute best advice I can give you for her first time is to achedule time to relax and enjoy where you are and your time together, whatever that means to you guys. For us, it's ADRs, people watching on benches with snacks, and trying to schedule FP+s well so we aren't wasting a ton of time in lines.
So many people rush and rush and cram everything in. To each there own, go about it that way if you feel this suits you best. But she's more likely to enjoy it and really love it if she's able to experience all she wants while accommodating time to rest and relax so she's not too tired with her head spinning.

Have the best time!!!

Upvote 0

belledream

Aww this is so sweet! I just 'met you' and I'm excited for you guys! Love the specific and general suggestions above - right on the money. I would just add, for you, to witness her awe and enchantment on basically everything that you do. There's really nothing like seeing someone experience the magic of WDW for the first time. It'll change the way you feel about Disney too. :)

Congrats and wishing you two a beautiful life together!

Upvote 0

rob0519

I'll be the contrarian. Forget relaxing. This is Disney World.

Day One: Total immersion in the magic is advised. Breakfast at The Crystal Palace followed by exploring the MK and all it has to offer until they throw you out of the park.

Day Two - rest of trip: Do all that relaxing and romantic stuff everyone else has suggested. You'll both need to to recover.

Congratulations on the engagement. Best wishes for a magical life together.

Upvote 0

Seabasealpha1

Big thing...don't rush the experience...let the atmosphere and details take over... if you're aware of some of the little details that make things special, subtly show them to her...let it soak in...take your time...if there's something that you know to be "special" or if there's something you know to be awesome...steer her to those things...as many of them as possible.

Oh, and I especially recommend visiting MK at night...especially the Adventureland area...it just takes on a whole new look and feel.

Have fun and congratulations!

Upvote 0

wwmmd

I would try seeing at least 1 fireworks show (I would suggest the one at MK if you can only see 1). I’m not sure where you’re staying but watching the Electrical Water Pageant in the Seven Seas Lagoon/Bay Lake is neat. Also make sure to get at least one Disney snack like a Dole Whip or Mickey Bar. There are too many things to suggest for a first timer!

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Get to MK early to watch the opening show. Stay late to see the castle good night kiss. In between let her choose what she wants to do. Everyone has a dream of the things they want to see and do at Disney on their first trip. Have her look through a good Disney guide book and show her whats available, then plan your days at each park so you can make as much of her dreams come true.

Upvote 0

littleroo

I would suggest CRT and BOG. If she loves disney, she will love seeing the characters. I like going to Monsieur Paul for a late reservation and watching Illuminations. If you can score Victoria and Alberts and are willing to drop some money, it is a must! (Especially before children arrive in your life).

Congrats and let us know how the plans are coming!!

Upvote 0

Kfish1995

Original Poster
I appreciate the answers everybody! Every time I've gone it's been a big family even with 8+ people, so it was always hectic to say the least, so it'll be nice to be able to see (hopefully) everything we want without going non-stop for a week straight. Beauty and the Beast is by far her favorite Disney movie, so we will for sure be going to Be Our Guest. I've never been there so that'll be a unique experience for both of us. I really like what Seabasealpha1 said... The first two times I went I was just a young kid, so obviously I was there for the rides and the characters, which are awesome. But the most recent time I was 18 and had just graduated, so I was able to appreciate all of the detail that went into literally everything in the parks, even down to the trash can spacing! I think the best part is that she'll be old enough to appreciate all the detail that sets it apart from any other theme park, but it's her first time so the little kid in her is bound to come out!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom