1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

First time trip for 8yo boy

Discussion in 'WDW with Kids' started by Minnie1986, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Minnie1986

Minnie1986 Well-Known Member

Figured I should post this here as well:

Hey All,

While I, myself, am a Disney veteran, this fall will be my first time going with a child since I was one. Any suggestions as to how to go about this would be greatly appreciated. Some necessary details:

- We'll be there for 4.5 days
    -The child I'm taking is a young male
    -He's not to big on thrill rides (meaning roller coasters); Mine Train he should be okay. Space Mountain, maybe not so much.

Can all parks still be done? Is Hollywood Studios worth it (other than the show on the water, of course)?
    What character dining experiences are a MUST? Chef Mickey is already taken care of.

If I'm leaving out any needed details, please let me know!

2. jpinkc

jpinkc Active Member

Ohana if he likes Lilo and Stitch 1900 Park Faire breakfast just for the Mad Hatter :)

HoneyBee1991 likes this.
  3. HoneyBee1991

HoneyBee1991 Member

I guess it would depend on if you have park hopper tickets or not. If you do I'd say yeah, go to HS. They still have the Muppets show and they do some cool Stark Wars stuff, plus HS has that super cool old Hollywood feel to it you won't find at the other parks.

But it is 100% a half day (if that) park right now. I would skip it if you have base tickets.