First Time Flyer

janelove956

Guys, I would greatly appreciate your input on this question :inlove: Ok so I've never flown before because I have anxiety, among other things, and frankly flying terrified me. Well now I'm feeling a lot better and I think I'm ready to try it for this coming trip next year, I know I still need a long time:bawling::cautious:. Anyway, do you guys usually purchase tickets with the airline or through the Disney site? If so, how long before the trip do you book?
Please and thank you!:):inlove:

janelove956

Original Poster
WOW. I'm speechless. Thank you ALL so much for your help with this. Anxiety can be a tricky thing to explain and experience but all your comments and tips are making me feel so much better. Truly appreciated:inlove::inlove:

Upvote 0

mouse_luv

I used to have flight anxiety as well and after taking a many a flight, I Love it now! I still get a little nervous leading up to the flights though and get anxious during landing, otherwise everything is fine.
Like others have said take a book, device, music etc to distract you.

Also, I saw in previous posts talk about taking a prescribed med for it like xanax, and also someone suggesting gin and tonics. Please make sure you don't do both, it's very dangerous.

Other than that, I always book straight through the airline. If you can book a direct flight that would be the best bet for you.
Best of luck and enjoy your trip!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom