first time @ a value

JillC LI

Stayed at Values and Mods, and never had any problem with a Value. Not noisy, not dirty, and fine to fit our family of four. Are the rooms smaller? Sure, but not too small.We found the toilet paper just fine, the towels just fine, and the crowds in the food court the same as the mods. We've heard similar bus wait complaints about almost all resorts from time to time. Don't worry, you're going to have a great time - and I'm jealous that you will get to make two trips so close together!

LongLiveTheKing

When we were in AoA, which was still new at the time, the front desk told me there was nothing they could do and suggested buying a balloon to float around to try to trick the motion detector. Needless to say, I was not very happy.
How worse would it have been if they had said "but we can sell you a ballon for five buuuucks..."

SSH

They are fine. As I have stated before, wake up early, get back later, shower and sleep. Don't worry about anything else. They are good for that. You will not be at the Ritz, but who cares.
I always used to complain about the thin walls at Pop....then I actually stayed at a Ritz Carlton last week....and also heard quite a bit through the walls! I was really surprised. So I guess it's not always dependent upon price.

SSH

I hate the thin walls - only because I have had crying babies and screaming kids right next door - once literally most of the night through 3 or 4am and they were sold out, so couldn't move us.

But that was only one time - and the noise isn't a problem every trip - it is luck of the draw. I do love the money we save - and since we go during the holiday season, it's so much fun to decorate our outside window - we always string up lights and display out disney stockings....great to see when you get back from the parks.

Last edited:

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
When we were in AoA, which was still new at the time, the front desk told me there was nothing they could do and suggested buying a balloon to float around to try to trick the motion detector. Needless to say, I was not very happy.

I stayed there in April and didn't have any problems during the night. In fact, we set it pretty cold and it stars that way. DW complained it was too cold

Everyone has different experiences. Positive and negative.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I always used to complain about the thin walls at Pop....then I actually stayed at a Ritz Carlton last week....and also heard quite a bit through the walls! I was really surprised. So I guess it's not always dependent upon price.
Connecting doors are the worst for noise too. Lol. Any hotel I stay at I always make sure my room doesn't have one.

Sans Souci

Connecting doors are the worst for noise too. Lol. Any hotel I stay at I always make sure my room doesn't have one.

I stayed in a room with connecting doors a few weeks ago and someone started jiggling the door at some ungodly hour. It freaked me out. It was probably someone checking to see if the door was locked, but it woke me from a deep sleep.

tpoly88

We are gonna be at AKL-Kidani this October and will need to know how to override the AC if its the same there. Any specific videos to watch? Or specific phrases to use while searching?
look at the thermostat and the name is on the bottom type that in and the youtube video will come up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom