First ride!

Much-Pixie-Dust

Carousel, or Dumbo. Who doesn't love a beautiful Carousel with the castle in the background? Dumbo is just so fun. Both are good rides for getting some great pictures. If you are like me, you want to document that first ever ride with a photograph and you can't do that very well in a dark ride.

Scott10

Our oldest daughter's first trip occurred when she was three and we hit Dumbo first.....she instantly fell in love with the ride and today at the age of 14 still has to go on that ride each trip. Our youngest daughter's first trip was when she was 1 and her first ride was Winnie the Pooh and the same thing occurred....she loved it and can't miss that ride on any trip! Amazing how, for us, that first ride set the tone and gave our two kids something to go one as they grow up just to remember how their love for Disney all started!

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

You should be heading towards Fantasyland and riding Dumbo, Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh or Prince Charming's Carrousel

My daughter is almost 4 and for her first trip next December, these are the rides I had in mind. I'm sure she'll like them all, but which one will be first will depend on the length of the line when we get there...

Weather_Lady

[Hangs head in shame.] My childrens' first WDW attraction was... the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse! We started touring in Adventureland, and not only was it the first attraction you come to, but I wanted to slowly build the excitement level for the kids. I was afraid if we began with something like POTC, they'd balk at less exciting attractions, so we did them in more of a least-exciting-to-most-exciting order in each land.

That being said, if you want the first attraction to be classic and memorable, I think that Dumbo, POTC (if the skeleton pirates won't be too scary for them), Peter Pan, or It's a Small World would be great "first attractions" for a young child.

cinderellafan6

I took my now 2 year old daughter when she was 6 weeks old. Her first ride was Small World. My husband HATES that ride but I didn't care. She was so alert and loved looking at the dolls.

Disneyfan_76

We just got back from disneyland in CA a few days ago. My daughter is two and her first ride was little mermaid. She loved it and it was a great introduction to dark rides. I would say dumbo, peter pan, winnie the pooh, or mermaid. I would just pick the one with the shortest line in the morning. Just get her on a ride and have fun.

A W Reezy

Our 2 year old daughter's first ride was Little Mermaid's Under The Sea. I'm pretty sure we had a fast pass for it, but it wouldn't have mattered because the ride was a walk on around 10am. She enjoyed it though! It's a Small World, Dumbo, Haunted Mansion, there are plenty of rides to choose from and not go wrong! :D Have fun!

righttrack

It's a Small World was my daughers' first ride. I suggest something like that, really, just about all of fantasyland to start. Pirates comes after a few rides under one's belt. I wouldn't start with it. Too scary. Finish the day with it maybe.

kimberlymautz

I would go on Dumbo or the carousel first to make sure she's good with the rides. Don't wanna take her on Pirates and have her get scared (which I saw many young kids screaming on it last time I was there) and then not want to go on any other rides. Even rides at the local parks I thought my daughter would love she was afraid of, but those I thought she'd be afraid of she loved. I'd suggest starting off easy and then heading onto the "scarier" rides once she's had time to process everything.

Jeff2140

IMO I wouldn't take your daughter to Magic Kingdom first. Imagine her disappointment in the other parks after seeing the best that Disney has to offer on the first day. Just my opinion.

PenguinPrincess

My husband and I have this same debate about our new baby...and we aren't even planning a trip in the near future! I agree with Dumbo (it's such a classic!). But if you and your wife have significant memories from POC that would be neat to share with your daughter! It would only add to the "specialness" of that ride for you! Hubby and I always go to DHS and ride TOT as our first ride of the trip...I'm kinda sad that that tradition will probably be broken when we take our son for the first time. But we'll create new and even more magical memories with our son! I can't wait!

crf815

For some reason since I was little I have to do peter pans flight first. We will be doing that one first again when we go in May. Have not been in 6 years so im looking forward to going on it again.

seahawk7

My wife and I are taking our little one to the world in 67 days!!! So in our planning we are having a heated debate btw me, DW, DMI, and DFI on what her first ride should be. We are heading to the magic kingdom our first day so what's y'all's ideas?

I was thinking POTC bc it was my wife and i's first ride after I proposed and since then it's been our first every time we go to MK
Who is your daughter's favorite Disney character? I would focus on her getting to experience that character whether through a ride, meet and greet, character meal, or show.

seahawk7

We have been watching all sorts of videos and listening to the music in the car.

I think if I let her decide we would end up on Star Tours or Mickey Mouse (must do) She loves R2 and Vader. She might be tall enough by Dec (only an inch to go) but that's a definite see how she does on all the other rides.
She loves R2? Girl has got good taste! I think the Sci Fi Diner character meal might be year round so she could meet Darth Vader and he comes around a lot during the meal.

seahawk7

We just got back from disneyland in CA a few days ago. My daughter is two and her first ride was little mermaid. She loved it and it was a great introduction to dark rides. I would say dumbo, peter pan, winnie the pooh, or mermaid. I would just pick the one with the shortest line in the morning. Just get her on a ride and have fun.
Absolutely agree with this. You don't want her first memory to be standing in a looooooong line.

ScarletBegonias

Enjoyed this thread! My DD will be 15 months, and I think Dumbo would be perfect, but my DH would probably like to be on it too, and he can't do circles.. Darn!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom