First pre - trip report at the Polynesian Villas

HauntedMansionFLA

I booked a trip for the first part of December at the Polynesian Villas resort - standard room. This will be the first time at the Poly and using the MagicBands.

1. I have a while till my 60 day mark to schedule FastPasses. I didn't realize I couldn't go in before that magical date to be able to schedule anything. Plus, it kept saying tickets aren't linked up but several members told me to relax and they will do it at the 60 day mark.
2. I don't know if you can make hotel room request once you check in at the 60 day mark. There are several buildings to pick from and don't know which villa is the best.
3. I'm trying to decide if we should visit DHS Sunday evening after being at the MK the first part of the day. I know it's a construction site but still has some of the best attractiona around. Plus, there is the Star Wars Fireworks show - big Star Wars fan here. Or heading over to EPCOT.
4. I'm looking forward to the different types of transportation available on the Monorail loop. It will be a change of pace after staying at the AKL the past three times.
5. I'm excited about the night time offerings at DAK. It's my favorite park and can't wait to see the changes and being there at night time.

Special thanks to @flyerjab and @Tuvalu for answering my questions and giving my very helpful information.

Last edited:

21stamps

You'll fall in love!!!!

You can request a building when you do your 60 day check in, you can also add it to your reservation now. Tuvalu is my fave longhouse. But I know the villas are on the other side, I strongly and highly recommend visiting Tikiman's pages on the web for poly info and room selection!

As far as to/from MK- we took the boat every time but once last trip. It was more convenient than the monorail, gorgeous ride, pretty quick, and coming back at night is breathtaking.

I totally say go to DHS- it will be an all day park for us. Kiddo is a huge Star Wars fan, and I'm hoping that the desert parties are offered in December! You may know this already, but they close at 7 in December, so you still can do Disney Springs or better yet got to Trader Sam's afterwards - that's where I would be if I could :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
1. All your fastpass information will be available to you on day 60 ~ promise! You can begin making fastpasses as early as 7 a.m. Don't let this stress you, as I have made FP choices only a few days prior (or even day before) and received what I wanted. People really seem to panic over this. The only ones hard to get are 7DMT and Frozen Ever After. Since the 3rd track opened at Toy Story, fastpasses are easier to come by.

2. You will have an option to select your longhouse preference during online check-in (also at 60 days.) Are you staying in a standard room or in a DVC studio? DVC studio buildings are Tokelau, Moorea and Pago Pago. The latter two are very close to the TTC but further from the pools and main building. Tokelau is a good central location.

If you have a standard regular room, Rarotonga, Niue and Samoa are all centrally located and convenient to everything. Aotearoa, Fiji and Tuvalu are on the other side of the marina so there is a bit more walking. It is important to note that none of the second floor rooms in these buildings have a balcony. Third floor rooms have balconies and first floor rooms have patios.

Overall, there is no "bad" room. :) Remember requests are just that ~ requests, not guarantees.

3. DHS is far from a "construction site." Areas that are being worked on are nicely walled off and you can't see anything. All your favorite attractions are still open and there are many things to do at night ~ and if you are a Star Wars fan, the fireworks are not to be missed!

4. No matter which longhouse you are in, walk to the TTC to get the Epcot monorail. It is much faster than riding the resort monorail to the TTC and then making the transfer. Poly shares a bus to DHS, AK, DS and the water parks with the GF, with Poly being picked up and dropped off first.

5. AK is indeed beautiful at night!

Upvote 0

HauntedMansionFLA

Original Poster
1. All your fastpass information will be available to you on day 60 ~ promise! You can begin making fastpasses as early as 7 a.m. Don't let this stress you, as I have made FP choices only a few days prior (or even day before) and received what I wanted. People really seem to panic over this. The only ones hard to get are 7DMT and Frozen Ever After. Since the 3rd track opened at Toy Story, fastpasses are easier to come by.

2. You will have an option to select your longhouse preference during online check-in (also at 60 days.) Are you staying in a standard room or in a DVC studio? DVC studio buildings are Tokelau, Moorea and Pago Pago. The latter two are very close to the TTC but further from the pools and main building. Tokelau is a good central location.

If you have a standard regular room, Rarotonga, Niue and Samoa are all centrally located and convenient to everything. Aotearoa, Fiji and Tuvalu are on the other side of the marina so there is a bit more walking. It is important to note that none of the second floor rooms in these buildings have a balcony. Third floor rooms have balconies and first floor rooms have patios.

Overall, there is no "bad" room. :) Remember requests are just that ~ requests, not guarantees.

3. DHS is far from a "construction site." Areas that are being worked on are nicely walled off and you can't see anything. All your favorite attractions are still open and there are many things to do at night ~ and if you are a Star Wars fan, the fireworks are not to be missed!

4. No matter which longhouse you are in, walk to the TTC to get the Epcot monorail. It is much faster than riding the resort monorail to the TTC and then making the transfer. Poly shares a bus to DHS, AK, DS and the water parks with the GF, with Poly being picked up and dropped off first.

5. AK is indeed beautiful at night!
We are staying in a DVC studio Standard room. I'm okay with whatever room we get - Like you said, it's a request. All three places look beautiful. I'm looking forward to taking the smaller boat ride to and from MK.
A friend of mine said to pick three fast passes no matter what and you can go back a change it later on. I've calmed down on that subject. And I'm sure I'll be able to make additional FastPasses after using the first three.
Disney is good about walling things off and it doesn't look bad. DHS has some of the best attractions around. It will only get better with TSL and SWL.

Upvote 0

HauntedMansionFLA

Original Poster
You'll fall in love!!!!

You can request a building when you do your 60 day check in, you can also add it to your reservation now. Tuvalu is my fave longhouse. But I know the villas are on the other side, I strongly and highly recommend visiting Tikiman's pages on the web for poly info and room selection!

As far as to/from MK- we took the boat every time but once last trip. It was more convenient than the monorail, gorgeous ride, pretty quick, and coming back at night is breathtaking.

I totally say go to DHS- it will be an all day park for us. Kiddo is a huge Star Wars fan, and I'm hoping that the desert parties are offered in December! You may know this already, but they close at 7 in December, so you still can do Disney Springs or better yet got to Trader Sam's afterwards - that's where I would be if I could :)
I'm bummed about DHS closing so at 7:00. EPCOT could be a choice after it closes to see their night time show.

Upvote 0

21stamps

Do you follow Tikiman on fb? His website is also so great! It's a good resource to use, both have helped me a lot with Poly info, especially after all of the construction!

I'm really curious to see what people answer in regards to MVMCP. Like I said, I'm planning on Wednesday but have not bought tickets yet.

Upvote 0

HauntedMansionFLA

Original Poster
Do you follow Tikiman on fb? His website is also so great! It's a good resource to use, both have helped me a lot with Poly info, especially after all of the construction!

I'm really curious to see what people answer in regards to MVMCP. Like I said, I'm planning on Wednesday but have not bought tickets yet.
I thought the parties were Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Fridays? I'll check out his FB page. It's always good to get good tips.

Upvote 0

AndrewsJ

I think the Tuesday night parties are better crowd wise. The further into the season it levels out but early on Tuesday seems less busy than the weekend parties.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom