First planning stages of a Cruise~help!

Disneykidder

Original Poster
Hi DCL experts. I am looking to plan a cruise for 2017. I live in NY and have a hubby and three kids. I'm a teacher so I am limited to school vacations and the summer to go. We want to cruise for a week.
I'm an expert on WDW but a first time DCL lady! Ready...set...help!! :D

Disneykidder

Original Poster
Prefer to sail out of NY but would def sail out of FL and do a few nights/days in WDW. We want a week cruise. Honestly we are open to where we sail. I have read up a little on the two ships. My three kids sons be 13, 8 and 6 at the time we intend to travel.

MaryJaneP

May we suggest you read the pinned threads atop this forum? May we also suggest that you put in the departure ports and durations in your search on the DCL website? As has been referred to above, there is simply too much to enjoy/choose that anyone's opinion will be theirs and may or may not be yours such that departure convenience and duration will quickly winnow the available cruises to meet your preferences.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I think a DCL cruise is by far the easiest vacation to plan. Book the length of cruise you want, look at shore excursions for something interesting and enjoy. The vacation pretty much plans itself from there.

MotherofaPrincessLover

I suggest just going to the DCL website and start doing searches for cruises. 2017 cruises aren't listed yet, but you can get somewhat of an idea where the cruises go.

I am going on a cruise in Feb (first time Disney) and as a huge fan i am so excited to experience a new side having been a fan of the parks and films. I feel your pain being a teacher and being restricted to certain times lol..I found "The Unofficial Guide to Disney Cruises" a great read...you can pick up a copy for a general ideas of iteneraries and maybe a more up to date as you get closer to 2017...very helpful and because it provides a little more honest review of activities and ships.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom