First Night Dining: On Or Off Property?

Raineman

Original Poster
In February, we will be making the long drive down to WDW, and, as we will be arriving and checking in to AoA sometime mid-late afternoon, we will not be planning on hitting any of the parks that day. Should we use one of our Dining Plan quick service credits to eat at Landscape Of Flavors for dinner that night, or should we hop back in our car and hit up one of the restaurants on 192? We will probably be pretty tired, and, after having spent the majority of the last 24 hours in our car, might not want to hop right back in it. Our previous trip to WDW with my parents, we rented a car at the airport, and went to Ponderosa on 192 for dinner our first night. Any suggestions?

We used to drive down when I was a kid for years and after you get out of that car you do not wanna get back into it for a while, haha! One of our favorite things was to order a pizza and have pizza by the pool. My cousin and I were at the All Star Music for new years this year and 3 of us split a pizza there, we were surprised by the size of it. I'd say see how you're feeling after the drive.
I know i'm always itching for Disney food after that drive.

rob0519

I would say QS, whether at your hotel or somewhere else on property. Is there a deluxe resort you've never eaten at before? I would suggest Captain Cook's at the Polynesian or Gasparilla's Grill a the Grand Floridian.

Jae99

If you really don't want to leave the resort after your long drive I would suggest just using a QS credit at the hotel. You can also get on a bus and go to Disney Springs and go to any of the restaurants there.

DfromATX

We always plan our flights to arrive in the afternoon, then after we check in we hit Downtown Disney and eat dinner there.

DisneyPrincess5

We always eat and relax at our resort on our arrival day, no matter what time we arrive. It helps us get the trio off to a happy, calm start without rushing or checking the clock. That's just us.

zurgandfriend

After a long drive I would either eat at the resort or someplace close. Getting back into the car to go find a restaurant sounds horrible.

Cosmic Commando

Definitely somewhere on property if you're on the dining plan... how stupid would you feel if you schlepped back into the car to pay for a meal out-of-pocket and then had credits left over at the end of your trip?

JIMINYCR

No matter what time we check in, we arrange always eat that first Disney meal at someplace special on property to celebrate our arrival and the beginning of a fabulous trip. It gives us a chance to really relax, celebrate and get the Disney realization that weve made it back.

French Quarter

I agree with everyone else. Plan to visit the food court. You have the credits for that so you might as well use them. And you will want to settle in and not look at the car for a long while.

Disneyhead'71

Stop at I Drive 360 on your way in. Lots of great food choices. Shake Shack, Yard House, Tin Roof, Tapa Toro (Latin Tapas), Naru (Japanese), Sugar Factory, Carraba's, Outback, and more.

Free parking, easy I-4 access.

http://i-drive360.com

Weather_Lady

My family is always exhausted after a long drive, and the last thing we want to do is hop in the car again. I'd suggest a CS dinner right there at the resort. Afterwards, you can relax by the pool, unpack and settle in, and get to bed early so you're refreshed and ready to tackle a park in the morning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom