First look at The BOATHOUSE menu - opening next week at Disney Springs The Landing

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I simply can't imagine how this place won't be a spectacular home run. It is what it is. Chef prepared quality food in an amazingly relaxed atmosphere. This is the kind of place NYC or Chicago or especially LA could never get away with. It isn't pretentious enough.
How busy was it today?

JohnD

Not if you like steak sauce. I put ketchup on mine and don't care what anyone else thinks...it's my steak.

The mark of a good steak is one that doesn't need any steak sauce. Why spend all that money on a steak then mask the flavor with the sauce? Might as well get a hamburger with ketchup.

Disneyhead'71

A chef prepared steak sauce is quite a treat even for the best pieces of beef. At Bull and Bear they make it table side with a super hot stone in the bottom of the ramikin. Yummy. Also a nice bernaise sauce with a little lump crab meat and asparagus is also acceptable to me.

I have even had a few top notch ketchups, but I usually save that for the fries if I choose that as a side (which I usually don't, but have before).

epcotisbest

Although lately I have been really enjoying this stuff:
image.jpg

disneyfirstLJ

We ate at The Boathouse on Sunday, April 19. We walked in and had a seat in the bar area. The atmosphere is really nice and comfortable. I had no problem sitting in the bar area with my 11 year old daughter. It started to storm outside so we were grateful for a nice, dry place to eat our early dinner. We ordered off the bar menu but they gave us the regular menu as well. My daughter had the Joyce Farms Chicken Strips with hand cut French fries and a lemonade. I ordered 2 Wild Caught Baja Cocktail Shrimp from the raw bar (they brought me 3 instead of 2 for a magical moment), the Classic Burger with hand cut French fries and a lemonade. Everything was excellent. My daughter loved her chicken and ate it all which is a big deal for her. The shrimp were huge and I loved them! My burger was cooked to perfection, juicy and wonderful. We enjoyed our dinner here and our server did a great job as well. I would eat there again. The bill came to around $54.00 dollars which is high but the food and atmosphere were worth the price in my opinion. I just got back from our trip yesterday and haven't download my photos but I did take pictures of the food and will post them when I can. I hope this helps folks who are on the fence about dining here.

TomHendricks

Needing steak sauce has nothing to do with it. If I like ketchup on my steak, it is my steak, my ketchup, my cash I paid for said steak, end of story.
I liked ketchup on my steak too, then I became an adult. Just kidding, if you enjoy your steak with ketchup that's your business. Isn't "steak sauce" really only glorified ketchup with Worcester sauce in it, really.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
A chef prepared steak sauce is quite a treat even for the best pieces of beef. At Bull and Bear they make it table side with a super hot stone in the bottom of the ramikin. Yummy. Also a nice bernaise sauce with a little lump crab meat and asparagus is also acceptable to me.

I have even had a few top notch ketchups, but I usually save that for the fries if I choose that as a side (which I usually don't, but have before).
I have to agree, though we always have it on the side, just to try it.

DisneyDaver

I'm not quite sure how one can comment on the "reasonableness" of these prices without actually eating the food. The prices are consistent with high end steakhouses. If the food is at the high level of a Gibson's, then the prices are reasonable. If the food is "just good" or worse, then the prices are not reasonable. I'm happy to see this open in WDW and look forward to trying it. Whether I will be back a second time, will depend on the quality of the food.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom