First image of a detailed hai Disneyland model

|Q|

Original Poster
From the Disney Parks Blog:

sdl934984LARGE.jpg

Mad Stitch

Wow, that lake and carousel really breaks the traditional main street leading up to the castle model. I haven’t been following news on this park much. Will it have a main street? Has any type of park map plan been released?

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Wow, that lake and carousel really breaks the traditional main street leading up to the castle model. I haven’t been following news on this park much. Will it have a main street? Has any type of park map plan been released?

There will be no main street in the Shanghai Disneyland Park. The castle is going to be huge. I understand that there are going to be two attrctions inside or starting inside the new castle.

BrianLo

There are also two large buildings sitting immediately in the foreground that would be to the right and left of where the picture is being taken. From what I understand it will be more of a plaza that leads into the main hub. More along the lines of Islands of adventure or Disney Sea, where there isn't such a long artery to get into the park hub.

I hope Toy Story Playland is left out of the plans (thanks to pressure from Hong Kong to keep their park unique). All indications point to about 5-6 major E-tickets (Tron, Pirates, Dino Adventure?, Storybook boat ride in the castle, another major ride or two in Fantasyland/new land?). Plus a good host of solid D tickets (Snow White Mine train, Fantasy land Dark ride(s), Soarin', additional Tomorrowland ride). I think that establishes probably the best foundation for the opening of nearly any theme park apart from maybe EPCOT.

DisneyFan 2000

Personally I'm really enjoying the look of having the carousel (and is that Dumbo on the left?) in front of the castle. It's refreshing and surprisingly not as out of place as one would expect it to be.

Otamin

Very unique look, I like it a lot!

I'm still not sold on the castle though, but it does seem like it has changed a bit if the model is anything to go by.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom